Have you spread the word about SSiW today? Diolch! (and sorry!)

Awesome - no escape for them!.. :wink: Diolch o galon i ti :heart:

I think you guys are considerably better at spreading the word than I could ever hope to be (sometimes Catrinā€™s mother nudges me and says ā€˜Tell them!ā€™ and I say ā€˜Oh, she just means I work with a language courseā€™ and try to run away).

2 Likes

Someone on my LinkedIn feed talking about learning in their job and needing more practice. Zap!

2 Likes

:star2:

There was a big plug for SSIW (especially the South Wales version) by Elis James on his Radio X podcast this week. :grinning:

4 Likes

[quote=ā€œaran, post:81, topic:7758ā€] I work with a language courseā€™ and try to run away
[/quote]
ā€œWorking with a language courseā€ means ā€œIā€™m trying to make some money out of you (Iā€™m trying to help me)ā€ while ā€œtry this course, this is how I learned, it really worksā€ means ā€œseriously, it works (Iā€™m trying to help you)ā€. We have the advantage over you on this point. :blush:

4 Likes

One of the few times we feel that way hey?! After some of the lessons I definitely did not feel like I had advantage, or that it was even deuce! :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, thatā€™s cool - good shot, Mr Jamesā€¦ :slight_smile:

Yup, exactly that. Iā€™m more and more inclined, when people say ā€˜What do you do?ā€™ to answer ā€˜Iā€™m NOT telling you.ā€™ :slight_smile:

Or possibly ā€˜Iā€™m paid for being brutally unkind to peopleā€™, although I could see how that might be open to slight misinterpretation.

3 Likes

Yes apparently Isy Suttie (comedian and Elisā€™s partner) uses SSIW. Sheā€™s been learning for a while and I think sheā€™s done some bits to promote the learning if Welsh (interviews and the like).

4 Likes

Yup, Isyā€™s given us a number of shout-outs, fair play to her. I gather sheā€™s well-known for stuff in English, but her claim to fame for me is her entertaining part in Hwbā€™s sketch (by Elis James, I think) about a class of learnersā€¦ which was pleasingly true to live in its bizarrenessā€¦ :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I am a big giant fan of those Hwb sketches - and it still amazes me that some of those youtube videos have only a couple of hundred views!

ā€œdwiā€™n byw yn, dwiā€™n byw ynā€¦ I LIVE IN A FLAT WITH MY WIFE AND FAMILY!!!ā€

So, so funny!

5 Likes

I had a chat at about 30 minutesish

7 Likes

Hollol wych - da iawn ti! A diolch yn fawr iawn am y plygā€¦ :star: :star2:

1 Like

Pleser!! Dwi mor hapus i siarad am SSiW! Oā€™n i mor gyffrous ar Ć“l siarad 'da fe! Oedd eā€™n profiad gwych!

I was so excited after speaking to him! It was a great experience!

If anyway else getā€™s offered the chance to be on the radio I highly recommend it and Garry is a very friendly man to speak to, so Taroā€™r Post is a great place to start :smile:

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI9p4WYUS0U&list=PLvt2awAw_YO9B3dvnwRbppHFbHoWzdm_L Iā€™ve only just seen this!!! Amazing!!!

ā€œYou can use this fact in a singlesā€™ bar or discothequeā€

4 Likes

Agreed! I watched these a while back, and they are hysterical!

I havenā€™t had a chance to listen to the whole show yet, but I listened to your bit - brilliant! Da iawn ti! :tada: :star2: Your Welsh is great, and you sounded really calm and confident. Super plug for SSIW, too :slight_smile:

I was pretty excited that I understood all of it! Will go back and listen to the whole program laterā€¦

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: he was really easy to chat to.

2 Likes

Me also!

I was on here about 10 minutes after you! Not speaking, but they read out my phone call that I had with one of the producers. Iā€™m Nicky from Aber! :smiley:

41:59 I have a gripe :smiley:

3 Likes

I always mention ssiw and I know at least 4 people who have signed up I donā€™t need a thank you though itā€™s superb that people are learning this beautiful old wonderful language ā€¦ one further thing I am on holiday this week in Tenerife and I have spoke Welsh to 3 families 1 from Bala and 2 from Llanelli this language is flourishing

1 Like

Wow, thatā€™s fantastic - diolch yn fawr iawn!