Hay Festival, Miriam Hopwood

Hay Festival is all online now, with various people talking about various subjects and I’ve just seen Welsh poet Miriam Hopwood on there.
I’m not sure if this is going to be in English or Welsh but if anyone is interested , all you do is register on the Hay website, then click to join on this page https://www.hayfestival.com/m-156-hay-digital-2020.aspx?pagenum=2
I’ve already joined a poetry one and Stephen Fry!! for Friday :slight_smile:

here is the info from the Hay website about Miriam Hopwood’s:
"##### Join us online: Monday 25 May 2020, 1pm – 1.40pm BST

Virtual venue: Llwyfan Cymru Digidol – Wales Digital Stage

What is Language? It’s not just words. That much we know. It’s grammar. It’s context. It’s meaning. It’s communication. It transacts. It conveys. It imagines. It thinks … Is it an external frame or an internal engine? And what is it then to live in a bilingual mind and a multilingual world? Hopwood is the only woman to have won the three main prizes for poetry and prose in the Eisteddfod - Wales’ national cultural festival. She has been Children Laureate for Wales and was awarded the Glyndwr prize for her contribution to literature. Her collection Nes Draw won the poetry section of the Welsh language Book of the Year Awards, 2016. She writes mainly in Welsh and has degrees in Spanish and German language and literature. Mererid has taught throughout her career and is now at the University of Wales, Trinity Saint David. Chaired by Guto Harri ."