Hay-on-Wye LAST stop ...SSiW Days Out postponed 🌧

From May onwards we’re arranging a day out to get to know a different town (or city) in Wales every month starting with…
Swansea
We’re working with people and venues in these areas to make it an enjoyable experience for everybody with the aim of getting to know new faces and new places

You don’t need to book a place , just turn up! I shall be there in my campervan
These are the dates so far:
May 25, Swansea (meet at 10:30 in Tŷ Tawe)
June 15, Merthyr Tudfil, ( meet at 11:00 in Caffi Soar)
July 13, Conwy
August 31, Blaenau Ffestiniog
September 14, Machynlleth
October 12, Bethesda

…and so on

If you would like more details please contact me…and please spread the word :slight_smile:
Diolch

19 Likes

neis iawn iawn iawn… ad infinitum!

Ti’n encouraging, @nia.llywelyn… it has to be said, or in Sam’s case, barked, as all orders should be!

1 Like

Diolch Lorna :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What a nice idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great idea, thanks Nia

2 Likes

Love this idea! Definitely would like to meet people at the Conwy event. Will all details be posted here?

2 Likes

Yes , definitely :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looking forward to meeting more SSIWers in Swansea on Saturday 25th. We have a coffee morning for learners between 10:00 and 12:00, and several SSIW people attend that. Should be a good day!

3 Likes

I will be able to come to the Swansea one @nia.llywelyn@neilrowlands
What’s the parking like there? I can’t remember :roll_eyes: my head is overflowing with Cymraeg!

Great Ann :slight_smile: Good question- there’s an open air car park immediately behind Ty Tawe- zoom in on this map and you will see it.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/9+Christina+Street,+Swansea+SA1+4EW/@51.6197,-3.9515503,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x486ef53479961333:0x470c3069e2854aa7!8m2!3d51.6203262!4d-3.9495601
Ty Tawe is also 5 minutes walk from Swansea bus station, and 8 minutes from the Train station.

1 Like

Brilliant, thanks @neilrowlands very helpful. See you there :slightly_smiling_face:

Gwych, wela i di yno @annmoore :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch @neilrowlands am dy help, ac edrych mlaen i weld ti @annmoore :slight_smile:

Amserlen Abertawe

2 Likes

Well, it was an awesome morning here in Swansea, with around 20 SSIWers here having a coffee with other learners and speakers in Tŷ Tawe’s Siop Siarad. People from afar as Birmingham, Canada- and Brynmill!

It was great to talk with you all, and thanks Nia for organising- I hope that these pop-up events will become as popular and well-utilised as bootcamps.

6 Likes

Ie, dwrnod gwych diolch i gyd o SSiW & Ty Tawe.

Edit - Sorry, getting carried away:
“Yes, a great day; thanks to all at SSiW and TY Tawe” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

diolch @neilrowlands a Tŷ Tawe am ymweliad arbennig iawn.

1 Like

Don’t forget that the next Day Out ‘

Dod i ‘nabod …’ is less than 2 weeks away…

1 Like

How did I not notice these earlier? What an excellent idea! Not sure I can make Merthyr, but Conwy and Bethesda are local to me, now that I live in Arfon, and Machynlleth should be quite a manageable day trip.

(I would also happily drive as far as Merthyr, but probably cannot afford the extra time out with stuff I am busy with for now …)

1 Like

@Bob July Day Out will move location to Llandudno now.
More details to appear very soon…

2 Likes