Hay-on-Wye LAST stop ...SSiW Days Out postponed 🌧

Incorrect postcode alert. Here’s the correct poster…

Trip Adviser says it is on Glyndwr Street (where the post code put it) though I have ‘walked through’ Dolgellau (on Google Streets) and found the caffi on Bridge Street opposite the Royal Ship Hotel almost in Queens Square (Llys Owain). Is this the right place?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s it @peterallen ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not too hard to find if you aim for Eldon Square ( centre) , stand at the Ship entrance and look to your left
:smile:

If you’re arriving by car, follow signs to the main car park at the bottom of the bridge. leave the car park on foot from the main entrance (opposite the former magistrates courts, now a dentist) and turn right. Keep right, following the pavement round past a lovely little gift shop called Medi, on past the Red Cross shop and then a little further on, on the other side of the street, you’ll see the double fronted caffi T.H. Roberts.

If you arrive by bus, get off in Eldon Square and follow the flow of the one-way system down to the bottom of the square where you will find Boots the Chemist on the right and the Sospan (currently covered in scaffolding) on the left. Look to your right and you’ll see an old-fashioned clothes shop with caffi T.H. Roberts behind it. These photos are a bit old now, but it looks much the same.

Old shops

T H Roberts, Dolgellau

Oh dear, I really need to look at this thread more often. I thought January was in Aberystwyth, which I could have made! I really must try to keep up!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Same! :rofl:

1 Like

Glad I’m not alone Jackie :rofl:

1 Like

Programme for this Saturday:
11:00 am meet up, T H Roberts.
11:45 am taith hanes Dolgellau history tour
12:30 pm cinio
1:15 pm ymweld â Ty Siamas
2:00 pm. Sgwrs yn Gwin Dylanwad

Braf yn Dolgellau fory :smile:

3 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn, Nia! It was lovely to meet everyone in Dolgellau today. I will definitely try to get to more of these SSiW Days Out whenever they’re reasonably near me.

1 Like

Yes, thank you Nia for another lovely day out. Really interesting and also lots of fun! And great to meet people and siarad of course.

1 Like

Diolch am y diwrnod Nia, oedd yn dirwnod gwych.
Thanks for the day, Nia, it was an excellent day.
Diolch I bawb hefyd, hebddo chi, dim diwrnod gwych.

1 Like

[quote=“nia.llywelyn, post:263, topic:18081”]
Thank you everybody who came to Dolgellau today and especially Bethan Gwanas, Ywain Myfyr and Dylan Rowlands for making it a very special day
[/quote]

2 Likes

![image|366x500](upload://nRaK8B9YwYUlHeczpJu8QLqYRGE.jpeg
Postponed for the time being

4 Likes

Great I’m coming. I bought my first copy of the Mabinogion in a second hand bookshop in Hay on Wye as a teenager when perusing the shelves. I didn’t know what the Mabinogion was at he time - it was a real find!

2 Likes

****There will be a change to April’s Day Out, since Ar Lafar are also organising things on the same day ***

Ebrill | April 25 - No Day Out * .Supporting AR LAFAR day out in one of their locations.
New date for Cricieth - Medi 19 September

Oh… What happened to the 28th March day out in Aberystwyth? Is it still happening please Nia? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, but it’s to do with the Post Card Club … the AGM.
Will you be wanting to stay in Aber? I’ll make enquiries @annmoore.

I’ll ask people to express interest on the PostCard Club link :thinking:

1 Like

@nia.llywelyn
Oh yes, I remember now. I am already booked somewhere that week thanks Nia. I will be able to come, as we are not going home until Sunday 29th. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
@nia.llywelyn

1 Like