Hay-on-Wye LAST stop ...SSiW Days Out postponed 🌧

Codi Pac from Blaenau Ffestiniog. Will it persuade you to come along to the Day Out, August 31…https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p07g65fx/codi-pac-cyfres-3-blaenau-ffestiniog

2 Likes

Is there a campsite near so that I can park my van? I’ll be travelling from South Wales so might as well stay for a few days. Thanks. Mary Richards

1 Like

I have the dates in my diary. Assuming nothing dramatic comes up to stop me, I will be there.

1 Like

Hi Nia
Hope to get there - all the way from Trawsfynydd, it just depends on whether any of the children descend on me. And I will get back to the Thursday hangout, it’s just the last few Thursdays have been busy.

1 Like

@johndean good news! Look forward to seeing you there :smile:

I’ll be there too - also all the way from Trawsfynydd! Looking forward to it. Karen

I’ve put it in my diary. I’d love to join you but I can’t say definitely until nearer the time and I know what my other commitments are.

Nice place. Hope to be there. :slight_smile:

I will find out for you but there is a good number of places on Antur Stiniog’s website @mary-5. Look forward to seeing you there
http://www.anturstiniog.com/

It is a shame that this is on the same day, nobody local told me about it unfortunately. Catrin only told me when I wanted her to get involved with our Day Out, She is a great ambassador for all things Welsh and an expert on wildlife, medicine etc. So, I wouldn’t feel disappointed if you went for this … but book now!

1 Like

Finally organised the day out in Blaenau Ffestiniog.
Timetable on the poster

2 Likes

Wow! @nia.llywelyn I looks like I can get to this after all by train! :slight_smile: I didn’t know there was a station in BF. I will stay in Blaenau Ffestiniog on the Friday night, so if anyone else is in town who would like to (try to!) chat on Friday evening… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There is indeed a station at Blaenau Ffestiniog, with two railways - one from Llandudno with trains about three times a day, and one - far more interesting, but more expensive - about hourly from Porthmadog or Minffordd Junction on the Cambrian Coast line. The former runs a rather rattly old railcar (we are promised a new one soon!) and the latter runs proper steam engines with ten-carriage trains. The scenery is some of the best in Wales.

2 Likes

little quiz ready for Saturday :sunny:

1 Like

Which cafe?
Antur or ?

Diolch Margaret

Diolch am y diwrnod “Dod I nabod” Nia./ Thank you Nia, for the day “Come to know”

Diolch ! Thank you everyone who supported the SSiW Day Out today at Blaenau. The speakers were a bit tricky to understand probably for quite a few but I can assure you we had the créme de la créme

there to meet us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch @heatherbroster am y llun x

2 Likes