Helo pawb!

Helo. neis dy weld di. Dwi’n dod o manceinion ac newydd ddechrau dysgu cymraeg - dwi’n wedi bod gwarando i SSiw mp3’s am chewch mis during my commute (how do I say that?). Dwi’n deud ‘newydd ddechrau’ ond wedi bod gwarando cerddoriaeth cymru amser hir. Dwi’n dysgu Spaneg hefyd ond Cymraeg yw mwy bwysig i mi achos cymru yn agos i fanceinion felly dwi’n cael mwy gylfe deddnyddio hi’n na baswn i Spaneg. Does that make sense? (wnes gwneud synnwyr???)

Edrych mlaen i dysgu ar y forum!

Martan

1 Like

Helo!!

Mae’n braf i dy weld di yma! Well done with your Welsh for 6 months. Just a friendly nod to the forum rules. We try and keep everything in English so as not to exclude anyone :slight_smile: there is a post called “Be’ dach chi’n neud rŵan” Where you can practice your written Welsh.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Anthony. Thanks for the nod. Could you make much sense of what I wrote?

Helo Martan. Croeso
I could easily understand your Welsh. Llongyfarchiadau (congratulations).
Please, don’t hesitate to come to the forum if you have any questions to ask or breakthroughs to share with us.

2 Likes

Hi Martan, and a warm welcome to the forum - congratulations, you’ve clearly done enormously well so far… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I could! It all makes sense :slight_smile: Paid â phoeni (don’t worry) about being perfect, making sense is the key :slight_smile:

Da iawn ti :smile:

1 Like

Croseo

and I don’t know if there’s a word for commute… “teithio i’r gwaith” I rather like the sound of the rhyming “taith gwaith” but not sure if it works!

1 Like

Helo Martan , Croeso! My very untrustworthy geiriadur app gives cymudo for commute, but I can’t vouch for it! Anyone else know?

1 Like

The Ap Geriaduron (dictionary app done by Bangor University), which I usually find very reliable agrees with you @henddraig. I did wonder whether it meant “commute” as in “the judge commuted the death sentence to life imprisonment”, but it says a commuter is a “cymudwr”, so it does mean commute/travel to work.

1 Like

Note that “cymudo” is a verb-noun, so the simplest (not quite literal) way of rendering this would be
“…pan dw i’n cymudo”.

Thank you Aran. I can’t thank you enough for your excellent course, the more I listen the more thought I realise you’ve put into your recordings.

1 Like

Cheers Mike. I take it that verb-nouns necessitate some kinda extra context like you’ve done with ‘Pan’?

Brilliant. Thanks Margaret. I’ve not come across that app!

That’s very kind of you, Martan - diolch yn fawr :slight_smile:

I prefer the Ap Geriaduron ap to the dictionary most of the time. Not only is it smaller to carry, it seems to give a wider range of examples of usage and you get the instant links from English to Welsh instead of having to flip through a book. You don’t need to be online to use it either, with is bonus as a phone signal can’t always be guaranteed where I live.