Helpu

I haven’t recorded anything like the five minute sentences. Can’t work it out. I am on week 17 now. I found weeks 12-15 almost impossible and was putting in an hour each day to complete them, but since those I’ve found the past two weeks much easier and enjoyable. I haven’t been listening to the speeder up Welsh either.

Those challenges are almost legendary. I think many people find them hard. Having gone all the way through SSIW I have revisited them and they are tolerable now. I can get through them.

Keep on moving. It’s well worth listening to the listening exercises and Radio Cymru to get used to the sounds and rhythms even if you don’t understand what is being said.

2 Likes

I would second what Ken says. It’s worth listening to the speeded up practises even though you aren’t understanding them because your brain is working even though you don’t understand how. The same with radio Cymru. I was getting frustrated listening to it because i felt like i was wasting my time and then it suddenly dawned on me that I could understand loads of what they are saying and I didn’t notice how or when that happened! Dal ati - keep going! :grinning:

2 Likes

@mark-scourfield It’s been mentioned many times, but it can’t be mentioned enough, that listening to the sped-up Welsh “chipmunk” exercises really works. I don’t understand the learning processes behind it, but something highly significant goes into our heads. I agree with @ken that it helps to get used to the sounds and rhythms of the language.

1 Like