Dw i edrych S4C pob wythnos y dw i hoffi y rhagleni
Commented by Geoffrey Williams
is from Yeovil, Somerset.

Hi @Deborah-SSi !
1456-1458
no comments, two ladies from USA
Beaverton, Oregon
Napa, California
and I do hope all our friends in CA are unaffected by the fires!
The last one, male is from
St. Leonards On Sea, East Sussex, England

1 Like

1459 @Deborah-SSi
is from
Hampton, Georgia, USA

@Deborah-SSi still creeping up! 1460 is a man from
Bridgewater, NJ, USA

Oh Joy! @Deborah-SSi just as I thought no more would sign,
from Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

1 Like

Sorry @henddraig! Iā€™m feeling a little under the weather this morning and just realised I didnā€™t update the number in the weekly email. Iā€™ll get it up to date for next week :flushed:

Oh Gosh, donā€™t be silly! You do an incredible amount, what with the n/l and being aā€¦Iā€™ve forgotten what itā€™s calledā€¦monitor? Moderator? (Or is that Church of Scotland?) And all through ill health! I thought 1461 was probably too late to get in! But good news:-
I finally noticed that 1461 was from Dr., whether of Medicine or a PhD, I donā€™t know! But so is
from Burgess Hill, West Sussex, UK, who says:-
So many of us Welsh outside of Wales, it would be a massive blow not to be able to watch S4C.

1 Like

and, @Deborah-SSi
1463 is from
Swindon, Wilts, England
and he says
As a Welsh speaker and license fee payer, I feel that we have a right to be able to view S4C across the whole of the UK.

@Deborah-SSi another new one today, 1464 from
Hull, East Yorkshire, England, UK

1 Like

@Deborah-SSi I have suddenly realised that the original thread about the petition seems to have gone and no new person from outside Wales will know about it, so its no surprise we have had no more signing! The update threads are not suitable as a simple link, so Iā€™ll start one which is just a brief explanation and link. I will not mail new folk on the subject.

Wow, @Deborah-SSi, having also ā€˜foundā€™ facebook, I put a bit on there and, in one day the number has gone up from 1464 to 1496! Too many to list!!! If any are reading this, Diolch yn fawr iawn iawn!
Edit: Have, not in order of signing,
Scotland watching every day to improve Welsh
England - Berks, Beds, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset 2, Essex, London, Machester, Merseyside, Norfolk, Oldbury, Surrey, Staffs, Westminster, West Yorks, York,
Germany 3
Canada 3 - one wants S4C on line worldwide
France 2
USA - says its the BBC not the EBC!!!
Spain
Australia 2.
Onee of the German signatorees says Irish has TG4, Catalan has TV3, let Welsh have S4C!!
Now I live in Scotland, (Yr Alban) and there is, available here, BBC Alba in Scottish Gaelic, paid for entirely by Licence Fees, so I agree with that last comment!

2 Likes

No, thatā€™s incorrect - the welcome message remains pinned for all new users, and had a link to your petition in it - presumably itā€™s not showing to you because you have previously unpinned it - since youā€™ve started your own thread, Iā€™ll remove the link from the pinned welcome message so that theyā€™re not being doubled-up on.

Sorry, I truly thought it had finished. I couldnā€™t find the link to the petition myself!!! But, at least I know where the new one is and it wonā€™t, I hope, get lost! If I was a bit better on the computer it would help! How about ā€˜Say Sonething on a Computerā€™?? :wink: :smile:

To @Deborah-SSi 1497 - 1501!
North Yorks,
England! says 'this small but proud language needs to be allowed to thrive. Many second language learners need this resource to improve speaking and understanding of Welsh.ā€™
London
Michigan, USA
Peterborough, says:- ā€˜I watch S4C daily to help me continue speaking Welsh, I would not be able to hear Welsh spoken any other way so often please continue funding S4C!ā€™

It was lovely to see we had passed 1500!! :smile: :sunny:

1 Like

I certainly think milestones like that deserve a mention in the weekly email :slight_smile:

1 Like

1524 now @Deborah-SSi mostly UK, but also Ireland (Dublin), Canada and Austria! Lots of comments, will summarise when I have time!

1 Like

1533 @Deborah-SSi
West Sussex, Suffolk (2), Glasgow, Edinburgh, Derbyshire, Warwickshire and Liverpool (2), the second of whom sent this lovely comment:
I always watch s4c on the virgin station. I am from Wales but moved away to train in the 90s. My family still live in Dolgellau so we always enjoy watching the same programmes and discussing them. It helps my children to hear more Welsh to help them increase their vocabulary. Diolch

1535 - @Deborah-SSi, last two from Massachusetts, USA and Stowmarket Suffolk, England

@Deborah-SSi Diolch yn fawr for the lovely piece in the n/l. I suspected the rush would die down pretty quickly and it has. Iā€™m not sure it is possible to ā€˜stirā€™ Facebook as it is the Forum with new posts moving topics up and attracting new viewers. Iā€™ll try another ā€˜thank youā€™ in a month! Or as a mark of Gwyl Dewi! Thanks for the quote in the n/l showing the level of funding is by no means assured!

Croeso. The way it works on Facebook is if you write something compelling with facts and links to back you up, people will share it. That way you reach an audience you donā€™t even know about.