¡Hola a todos!

¡Hola a todos!

¿Cómo están? Me llamo Natalie. Soy de inglaterra. I’m loving the SSIS challenges (I’m at Level 1 challenge 10).
I knew very limited Spanish when I started the course but for a few words such as ‘Hola’, ‘Me llamo’ y ‘Amigo’.
The course is fun, interesting and I feel a real sense of achievement with my Spanish progress.
I came to this course through the Say Something in Welsh course. I feel this way of learning, through a fast pace and speaking aloud, works really well for me.

I love languages and different cultures. My big ‘in’ into a new language is usually through music. Me encanta música. Spanish has been no different as I’ve been a lover of Spanish language music for many years and I finally decided it was time to fully understand what was being sung about!!

SSIS lessons, listening to music and listening to Spanish language podcasts and interviews (entrevistas) daily on YouTube and supplementary vocab via the Surface Languages website is how I’ve been learning Spanish. I like to immerse myself. And I have been quite literally, estudio desde hace approximadamente un mes :slight_smile:
I try not to use the pause button and go through 5 lessons before then repeating any I then feel I need to.

Oh, and I’m very happy that the 2 Spanish speakers on SSIS are speaking Latin American Spanish, that suits me just fine!

Muchas gracias to everyone involved for creating the amazing SSIS course.

Take care, and I look forward to joining in with the various forum discussions.

Hasta luego,

Natalie

1 Like

¡Hola Natalie! Delighted that you’re enjoying the course and it’s great that you’ve made it onto the forum.

A lot of people doing our Welsh course also seem to mention music as a motivating factor, and I’m definitely the same myself, so I know where you’re coming from there :slight_smile:

Buena suerte with the rest of the course! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hola y gracias for the welcome!

1 Like

Great to see you here, Natalie, and to hear that you’re off to such a great start! Buena suerte! :slight_smile: :star2:

1 Like

Thanks Aran! I’m finding the SSIS course a really rewarding experience :grinning:

1 Like

Really delighted to hear that - it’ll be great to get your feedback on the new Level 3, too, which we’ll be starting work on pretty soon… :slight_smile: