How to set up and record to an account in SoundCloud

To all frustrated SoundClouders, I’m having a Chatathon this Thursday, September 24th. It means I stay around all day, hoping people will chat to me on Slack WSP or Slack 6/6, Skype, Zoom, over the phone, or by shouting through my window. I like little chats of 3 to 30 minutes, north or south, any level, so if you need to practise your sentences or just say what you’ve learned so far to someone else, send me a private message!

2 Likes

That’s a fabulous offer not to be missed Bronwen! Diolch for your generosity of time and enthusiasm. I hope you have many learners joining you to liven up the day. :slight_smile:

I’m going to share a link to your message in another thread as well to increase the audience. :wink:

1 Like

I’m very frustrated with sound cloud but I am practicing speaking welsh with some other learners in the U3A in Llandudno via zoom. I feel that I am making progress. Dw,i wedi bod yn siarad cymraeg efo pobol yn y siop a Dw’in teimlo yn mwy hyderus bob tro.

That’s great, @gillian-boocock! Especially talking with people in the community - I still find that difficult sometimes, but it’s very rewarding, isn’t it, when you can have a real conversation?

1 Like

I am a music producer and am happy to answer questions.

I record and edit sound using a free app called Audacity. When you are done editing, convert your file to mp3 and Soundcloud should let you upload it.

Thanks for the offer @jenirizio-1 but we no longer use SoundCloud. We have our own in-house Recording Tool that comes with the structured courses.

No worries. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I use Soundcloud on MacOS?

You don’t need to use SoundCloud for anything in the course. If you’re doing the 6 Minutes course you’ll receive a custom-built Recording Tool in your weekly email when a task requires you to use it.

Pob hwyl!

1 Like

This problem’s solution is given but comes to the point of Android users how they record audio. For this they can use the easy voice recorder premium version download for free.