I can’t record in soundcloud with Apple phone

I have faced the same problem after the install itunes on windows 7 the cloud was not at all working. There was no sound coming from the application so please help me to fix the problem so that I can work with it.

I have sent you all private messages - to find them, click on the coloured dot by your name icon on the top right of your screen!

2 Likes

Dear Bronwen it looks from the thread that you have some answers about how to record on Soundcloud with an iPhone.Could you tell me how you do it? Its driving me mad!

Sorry, @joanna-evans, I’m a technophobe. I hope someone else can sort you out, but if not, I’m happy to hear people say their sentences on Slack/Skype or even over the phone, as no-one is going to be prevented from learning just by technology!

I have the same iPhone issue. Tried looking online for solutions but none of them work.

Hoping you’ve sorted it now. You’ve probably already checked this forum. If not, just click on the search (magnifying glass above) and enter: Soundcloud
or try this link -
Soundcloud helpu!

1 Like

This was written by someone using an iOS device, so hopefully will be of some help to you

guide_to_ios_soundcloud_for_ssiw_ers.pdf (362.7 KB)

There is also this summary from the #3-useful-gems thread in the 6/6 Support Slack group:

1. Get “SoundCloud” and create an account;
  2. Download the “AudioCopy” app from the App Store - it’s free.
  3. Record your Welsh onto AudioCopy. It has a direct link to send the file to SoundCloud.
  4. Open the page in SSiW that you want to copy your Welsh to and click on ‘Reply’.
  5. Find your file in SoundCloud click on ‘share’ and click on ‘public’. You will have a file name displayed. Copy the file name and then paste it into your reply on SSiW.
3 Likes

Diolch yn fawr to the person who wrote this guide. I would not have managed to record this in a million years otherwise!

2 Likes

When I open Soundcloud I only get an option to play music, nothing that says join on download or record. I really can’t understand how to do this… I’m an old bird… but I feel I’m missing something. Any help gratefully recieve Tx

1 Like

Yes to be fair, I sometimes got that with the newer version of soundcloud. It might be worth looking for a link in this (SSiW) topic or elsewhere to try to get the correct soundcloud page. Or do you go to file or login command or something?

Im tagging @Deborah-SSi for help :thinking:

I downloaded an app called AudioCopy. You can record on that and share your recording to Soundcloud.

There is a document a little further up the thread for iOS users. Is that any use to you?
I’m pretty sure you can’t record in the SoundCloud app itself.

My problem too. haven’t done it at all. I gave up on it in the end, and just do the lessons now, as it got me SO frustrated.

I too have an apple phone. What I do is record myself in audio copy, which can be downloaded from the AppStore. Then, share it to Soundcloud. From there, you can copy and paste into the forum. I’m still trying to figure out exactly how to do that… I keep loosing things and accidentally pasting my recordings in random places :joy:

Yes, this seems to work quite well for people with iPhones.

The secret is not to try and record within SoundCloud itself, but to record separately using whatever voice recorder you want then upload this into SoundCloud.

Some voice recording software like the AudioCopy app, lets you do it directly from there; others require you to go into SoundCloud and click ‘Upload’ then find the voice file that you made.

I’ve spent hours trying to record on an older iPhone (it’s too old and I now know this is impossible), then I tried on my new ish iPad but never get to a record button. Really spent hours on this when I should be learning welsh! So now I’m using the record memo already installed on my iPad and hope that will work for the course. Maybe you could try that?

OK so I set up a SoundCloud account, and then I downloaded the AudioCopy app, I recorded myself in AudioCopy and then sent the file to SoundCloud – or so it said – but now I can’t find my recording on SoundCloud anywhere. What gives? Where do I find the bloody recording? I have an iPhone. Am about to give up. this is too time consuming and why is such a difficult process being used anyway

Hi, @sara-dumont. I don’t know how to use SoundCloud or why it’s used for recording practice, but I do know that swearing and bad temper aren’t productive on this forum, which rightly prides itself on its politeness, kindness and difference from many other online forums. Most people seem to be able to use it without too much difficulty, but as you’ll see from the comments above, some people do find it frustrating. Perhaps the advice above will give you the help you need?

I have tried everything suggested in the comments above. AudioCopy says it links with SoundCloud and confirmed that the recording was sent — and I did it 5 times — But there seems to be no way to find them on the SoundCloud app. I spent the better part of an hour looking and clicking on everything k1and I am not a complete techno-idiot, am usually able to use all manner of technology. Bad temper — which this frustration has now engendered in me — is certainly not conducive to learning. So in the absence of anyone helping or of SSIW deciding to use a different platform that won’t cause so many people so much trouble, I’m choosing to give up. I only hope that not being able to use SoundCloud won’t hinder my future progress, given that the messages have indicated that I will “need” to use it. I apologise for my temper but things have been going so well up until now and I’m serious about my learning, so this is immensely discouraging, not just frustrating

Me too It’s much harder than learning welsh.