I know who you are?

BBC 4 Saturday nights 9 - 11:30 ish “I know who you are” a drama in Spanish with English sub titles. The name is misleading as the one thing that we don’t know is who the central character is and what he’s about.

They speak quite quickly at times and get very worked up. One word that comes up is “Basta!” or maybe “Vasta!” which is translated as “Enough !” is this rude or useful ?

There are are also quite a lot of “fk" and even "wker” but the Spanish was to quick to get what they said.

2 Likes

I have been addicted to this series the last few weeks! Just the fact that each episode leaves you second guessing about what really happened and why, and whether or not Juan Elías really has amnesia! It’s also helped me remember a lot of Spanish I learned from as far back as school (I left 23 years ago now!!). I’m a big fan of Nordic & Euro noir/drama anyway, also watching a Danish crime drama called “Dicte” at the moment as well, but “I know who you are” (or “sé quién eres” for its Spanish title) is proper glued-to-the-telly stuff!!

1 Like

Useful, not rude… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just found this on iplayer - off to watch it now. I started watching first episode on pc and it looks great so I think proper TV and coffee is needed for the rest of the afternoon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I watched the last 2 episodes this morning…

…just in case you haven’t got that far yet, that is all I’m going to say right now!

But what a thrilling, gripping series it has been though…

1 Like

It’s really good, watched one yesterday and another two today. More tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Watched the last two episodes - now up to parts 9 and 10 on Sunday morning. I was left staring at the telly with a big WHAT !!! They said beforehand that this was going to be the finale at it’s just left at a cliffhanger !!!

I might e-mail my friend in Spain to find out what happens next but I suppose this marks this out as being a great programme. What a bunch of bas*****s the families are, and especially the lawyers and judges are. The only innocent is Julietta, the little girl.

Anyway, Montalbano is on next Saturday with the bad temper at mealtimes (he refuses to talk and eat) and the long-suffering girlfriend. I can really recommend the books but you will find the TV series takes bits from several books to make each episode.

2 Likes

I haven’t watched the “finale” yet - plan is to do so at the weekend - but checked Google and the BBC have confirmed the last 6 episodes will be on later in the year so keep an eye out for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

You MUST watch those last episodes before they disappear off BBC iPlayer!! I guarantee you will be shouting at your TV screen by the end - but I won’t say why. You’ll know when you watch it!!! :wink:

1 Like