Iaith ar Daith Series 1 - what did you think? Questions?

I can see Michael sheen doing it and maybe sir Tom accompanied by Cerys Matthews. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I think Michael Sheen and Matthew Rhys would be a good pairing.

1 Like

Dw i ddim isio codi twrw, ond… how about adding a bit of jeopardy? Series 2 could include someone less cuddly, who hasn’t got family links to Wales, a love of the culture and a burning desire to learn the language. How about someone who has made disparaging remarks about Wales in the past, but who would be willing to confront their prejudices, and be exposed to the living language and culture? There’s a long list of possible candidates - Anne Robinson, Rod Liddle, (gulp) Jeremy Clarkson, or (reportedly) Tony Blair…

2 Likes

YES!!! Michael Sheen! Come on Michael, you’d be a great advocate.
Barack AND Michelle Obama! Especially as Michelle went to a school called Brynmawr!
I think you’re onto something there @aran. Get on the phone!!!
… I want to meet them if you manage it :wink:

2 Likes

I feel on fairly safe ground agreeing to that… :wink:

2 Likes

… only ‘fairly’
Sir :eyes:, you wound me. :crazy_face::rofl:

2 Likes

Lovely to see the Iaith ar Daith reunion last night - and to see Aran being properly acknowledged as their tutor too! I hope that brings even more learners to SSiW.

Excited for the new series too. Steve Backshall is the first person to say he’s going to take part and he sounds SO enthusiastic

5 Likes

Yes, and Steve Blackshaw’s mentor is going to be Iolo Williams!!! :heart_eyes::joy:

2 Likes

I loved this set of programmes and was full of admiration of all who took part. They had so much confidence and were in good spirits throughout.

2 Likes

Delighted you enjoyed it! They were a very special group. The second series folk are shaping up really encouragingly, too… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I enjoyed the first series too. I liked the mix of the confident and the struggling - it’s encouraging for people like me to see real beginners finding it hard, but getting into it.
I also enjoyed it because I could understand a lot first time around (I always listen to a Welsh language program in Welsh-only first, and sometimes - often - I lose the plot!). I am enjoying ‘Am dro’ for the same reason.

1 Like

Ah, that’s very interesting input, diolch yn fawr!

My perception is that no one in Series 2 is going to struggle quite as much as we saw in Series 1, but there are definitely some people going in to bat before they’re entirely ready… :wink:

2 Likes

Any idea when its likely to be on TV, please, @aran? :slight_smile: Something to look forward to…! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got this in a new years email from S4c Ceo Owen Evans - not personally of course :grin: - I assumed because I’m registered on S4clic 🥲…

I did try to find the email content on their website so I could post it onwards, at the time - as there was some really interesting information about new series in general - but I couldn’t find it.

Byddwch hefyd yn falch o glywed fod cyfres newydd o Iaith ar Daith ar y ffordd ym mis Mawrth, gyda chriw newydd o selebs yn dysgu Cymraeg ac yn teithio Cymru. Mae Steve Backshall a Iolo Williams eisoes wedi bod yn ffilmio yn ogystal â Joanna Scanlan a Mark Lewis Jones. Cadwch lygad allan am fwy o sêr yn fuan!

So, in short, March!

Rich :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hŵre! Thanks Rich! I can’t wait for the Iolo one!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I think they made that episode with you in mind Cetra! :grin: You may have to watch it 5mins at a time! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Rich :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m gonna make @Cetra just a teeny bit cenfigennus now…

Look who’s driving Iolo at 29 seconds in… :wink: :rofl:

4 Likes

Crumbs!! :heart_eyes: Nice one!! I would have crashed!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Iaith ar Daith Series 2 - Discussion/Questions/Feedback

Bore da everyone!

Just letting you know that I’ve moved the discussion on series 2 to a new thread :smiley: -

2 Likes