In here for all the fluffy stuff, the laughs, the light relief ❤

Those are superb!!

I have to secretly admit to wanting to do one myself…

We’re missing visiting Wales so the kids made Welsh dragon gingerbread. Bara brith next…

8 Likes

I have a friend who tries to cheer me up by saying that at least I’m not trapped in a deep hole, filled with water. He means well.

6 Likes

Izzy is currently enjoying colouring these in and says “diolch yn fawr iawn, Catrin” :sunny:

1 Like

7 Likes

Sometimes I hate writing the closing paragraph for a blog post, because I can’t think of a strong ending, or I come up with something that sounds like how I’ve ended a thousand blog posts before that.
As an added bonus, sometimes when I’m trying to think, my brain produces the most random things. I feel like SSI has influenced this in some way, what could it be… :thinking:

:joy:
I think you should sign off withan enigmatic “tan toc” - you never know, it could catch on! :wink:

2 Likes

More funny one liners then.

About a month before he died, my uncle had his back covered in lard. After that, he went down hill fast.

Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.

“Doctor, there’s a patient on line 1 that says he’s invisible.”
“Well, tell him I can’t see him right now.”

Thanks for explaining the word “many” to me, it means a lot.

Don’t spell part backwards. It’s a trap.

If you’re not supposed to eat at night, why is there a light bulb in the refrigerator?

I changed my password to “incorrect”. So whenever I forget what it is the computer will say “Your password is incorrect”.

eBay is so useless. I tried to look up lighters and all they had was 13,749 matches.

Bye for now.

9 Likes

How has this thread become dormant?
Well, I haven’t been on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram in a few weeks now, so I don’t have many new memes to share. And a lot of the jokes I’ve come across recently are rather niche-specific. But let’s see…
We’ll go with a ‘society/culture is weird’ theme.

1 Like

Bumping this one back to the top in case anyone is in need of some light relief.

2 Likes

This 182-year old phrasebook, published to help visitors to Wales talk to the peasants, is available online for those who may still need some useful travel phrases.

There are screenshots of a couple of the pages in the phrasebook on the Metro website at https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/23/old-phrasebook-unearthed-helping-tourists-speak-to-welsh-peasants-13638116/ (Metro is a free, advertising-funded newspaper distributed on public transport in the UK each day).

Some Welsh Christmas cracer jokes for anyone who fancies making their own this year. :slight_smile:

Jocs Cracyrs Dolig (1).pdf (35.7 KB)

3 Likes

I heard one on Cyw the other day:

Beth ydy defaid yn gwisgo pan mae’n oer?

Meeeeeeenig

3 Likes

Sorry posted the wrong file above - this is the correct one with no errors

Jocs Cracyrs Dolig.pdf (36.1 KB)

1 Like

Cerdd Fach

Having been inspired to change the language on my work based computer during a recent Welsh class, a little poem wot I wrote…

Roeddwn i’n meddwl
Sut i helpu
Fy nysgu am Gymraeg
Siarad neu ganu caneuon
Neu ddarllen mwy llyfrau.

Ond dim ond ddoe neu’r diwrnod cyn,
Fe wnes i feddwl fy hun
Newid yr iaith cyfrifiadur
i’r Gymraeg - cewch y llun?

Ond, rŵan, yn lle helpu llawer
Dw i’n teimlo llawer hen
Achos pan ddw 'i’n trio gweithio
Mae’n llanast efo fy mhen!

10 Likes

Brilliant Liz!! :laughing::wave::wave::wave:

2 Likes

Diolch, Emma x :blush:

1 Like

Nicki cat did not quite know what to do with her new gift.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CX6pGmqIM5w/
Volume up, please. :slight_smile:
Cymraeg / Saesneg

1 Like