Is Dutch the best language in Europe?

We’ve got all the best words. All the other languages failed.

8 Likes

German? Not even a real language.

1 Like

I quite agree Louis - there’s nothing like it or comes anywhere near it!!

2 Likes

yes :wink: - although I must admit that I have a soft spot for the language of heaven…

3 Likes

Welsh? :smile:

2 Likes

Is there any other? :smile:

2 Likes

Well, Cornish is pretty good too :wink:

2 Likes

It would the language of paradise, for sure…

1 Like

Lol. Thanks! Just what I needed this morning. Which sucks. Greatly sucks.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I hope things improve for you.

I need your advice: my friend John wants me to learn Finnish with him - he spoke Finnish until he was about 8 years old, and he promised that his father Harri will be our tutor, so a combination of conversation and a traditional language course (CDs and all that). Is that doable do you think? My Finnish is limited to kiitos at the moment

2 Likes

@louis
I love the unique,wonderful, ancient Welsh language, and the sound of a Welsh Choir singing a hymn like ‘Pantyfedwen’ takes my breath away. I would love to be able to speak it reasonably well, but know that at 78 it is going to take a long time and a lot of effort to get there. However, I am happy with every new word learned, and will definitely ‘Dal ati’ as long as I can.

3 Likes

Sorry to intrude, you didn’t ask me but I might be able to advise too.

I think it’s doable. The only thing is that spoken and formal Finnish are pretty different, so you might want to pay attention to which courses you’re choosing. Some say they teach spoken Finnish even though they’re still very formal :smile:

I’m also happy to help in any way I can. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What @Novem said. And we all know that traditional language courses suck after SSi. :grin:

And this video definitely improved my morning. I’ve been sharing it with my coworkers.

3 Likes

Maybe we could find a small team to start throwing some stuff into the SSiBorg for SSiFinnish in the fairly near future… :wink:

4 Likes

John said he wants to start next week :sunny:
But that would be absolutely lovely!

1 Like

Geweldig! Bedankt.

1 Like

Okay, we managed to do a video also. Do not drink while watching this: https://youtu.be/yP9Qt-bSz40

4 Likes

:star: :star2:

Kiitos paljon sinulle Susana

1 Like

Thank you @novem
There is a surprisingly large number of Finnish courses out there, but none as far as I’ve discovered, as good as what SSiS would be - there’s one that I can do using audio only, without too much grammar, and reasonably cheap. I got my friend puzzled with postin vastaanottaja yesterday, so that was a win.

2 Likes