Japanese on Duolingo

You might know this already but just in case a quick note.

Duolingo released Japanese course which is still in Beta testing but already publicly available. I’ve tried tiny bit of it and well, if you take th escript along with learning how to speak it’s quite fun. I can’t say yet if you really can learn something but at least you get a bit of insight of Japanese language and one of the scripts. Ma son too it siriously so I might ask him how it feels to learn through duolingo and I’ll report back how it goes

Happy learning.

2 Likes

Oh no! It’s really there! I just tried the placement test to see if I could remember anything from years ago and I surprised myself, but not enough to skip any levels.

There goes the spare time that I don’t have :grin:

2 Likes

I knew it would hook me in. I just got excited as I remembered the words for ‘kitchen’ and ‘room’. I can’t believe how much is coming back, but then I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised. I learnt Japanese with my son when he was still primary school age. We used the Kumon method for children which involved a lot of repetition, so I guess some of it got really drummed in. Still, he’s now in his 30s so I’m pretty chuffed that I’m remembering it!

3 Likes