Just Imagine...!

Just imagine this place in the centre of Cernarfon and right opposite the castle as a national centre for SSiW!

We could have offices, Bootcamp facilities and a party venue rolled in to one! How amazing would that be?!

17 Likes

That would be amazing - definitely one for the ā€˜wishing machineā€™ !

1 Like

yeah, but just think how many subscriptions would be needed just for the window cleaning billā€¦

1 Like

And I think that pink bedroom would give me nightmares

Walked past that when we were up there last week, and I was thinking what a fabulous building it was. If anyone here wins the lottery this week they need to buy this for SSiW!

1 Like

OMG - it has ā€œformer cellsā€!! Are those for the people who try to speak English at Bootcamp? :wink:

6 Likes

Clearly the pink bedroom would be Jamesā€™ special punishment if he spoke English at bootcampā€¦

3 Likes

Thereā€™s posh! Is that really the price, Ā£525,000? I mean itā€™s more than pocket money, but in Oxford or London, that would barely buy you a two-up, two down!

Just needs a few London Welsh families to sell up and move back to Godā€™s own country and buy it jointly ā€¦

4 Likes

I was looking at that building yesterday, thereā€™s police parking across the road (or was). Them photos of the inside look amazing, fair play, but weā€™d need a bigger dining table. :blush:

3 Likes

Looked on line Ā£550,000 for 3 bed end of terrace in E5. So, one London Welsh family could afford it, but wouldnā€™t be so daft as to take on the overheads, surely? ps I think thatā€™s Hackney which was pretty down market in my day!

Is this do-able? Are there lessons to be learned from the Wrecsam Saith Seren exercise? (Iā€™ve got plenty of questions - sadly few answers :disappointed:)

1 Like

Oh, heck - doesnā€™t anybody have a spare half-million pounds lying around that they need to invest?! :wink:

2 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I just love fantasising about this kind of thing!

Itā€™s a magnificent building in such an interesting place and it obviously has so much scope and potential! It will be interesting to see what happens to it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Theyā€™ll take an offer based on that price. Not sure theyā€™d take a second-hand car and a caravan, thoughā€¦

3 Likes

Lovely buildingā€¦

But putting in the computer cabling, hiding it behind the skirting boards and redecoration will be a complete nightmare.

And all the cleaning on the last morning of bootcamp?

And the heating costsā€¦?!

3 Likes

What cleaning? If you share a bootcamp with the amazing @joanalciati she will do all the cleaning while the rest of you are out in the club till the early hours. :wink::joy:

2 Likes

Crowd funding? :wink:

Also, can we have a pool?

1 Like

@CatrinLliarJones I asked Emma and her brother to guess how much: they said between 1 and 2.5 millionā€¦based on Cardiff prices!

That is an amazing building! Imagine a noson lawen with the gallery filled! We could host a live link to the online Eisteddfod. Be like a SSiW Llangollen.

So how many of us are there? I have Ā£25, sooo nearly there right?

2 Likes

East London is a different beast these days. Shabby chic is the phrase I think. My brother lived in Old Street, then Bow and now Walthamstow (E17, he gets very bored with me a Christmas when I keep asking if he wants to ā€œstay another dayā€). All have been gentrified. Now Peckham is listed as one of the most desirable places to live (according to London lovers, not for me) and Brixton is also very desirable. i remember Brixton not being a place weā€™d even consider visiting.

I remember being in Brixton at 8pm on a cold autumn evening in the 90s. Iā€™d just started a BSL courseā€¦ I never went back to that courseā€¦ :scream::scream::scream::scream: