Kent SSiW group meets

Bumping!!!

[quote=“faithless78, post:10, topic:1047, full:true”]
Shwmae pawb!Just to let you all know that our first meeting for 2015 at The Coopers Arms in Rochester will be on Saturday 10th January from 1pm onwards.As ever, everyone is welcome, whether you’re living nearby or visiting this historic picturesque town for the day. We always welcome all speakers and learners at any level. Just come and practice what you know.[/quote]

2 Likes

Another bump! Rwy’n gobeithio y gallwch ddod draw!

1 Like

Today we had our first meeting for 2015 at the Coopers Arms in Rochester and it was good to see Kim and Hywel again after the Christmas.
Our next meet will be on the 21st February. Of course everyone is, as always, more than welcome to come along and practice their Welsh with us, and we hope more people will be able to join us at future meetings in Kent throughout the year.

1 Like

Just bumping this up!

All are welcome to attend this meet, if you happen to be visiting the Garden of England next Saturday! :smile:

2 Likes

Looking forward 'til tomorrow…If anyone has any SSIW business cards could you pop a few along? I’ve run out. Diolch!

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn i Kim a Michael ar gyfer prynhawn gwych at The Coopers Arms yn Rochester!
Our next meet will be on the 14th March. As ever, everyone is more than welcome to come along and practice their Welsh with us, so if you’re planning a visit to the Garden of England around that time and fancy practicing your Welsh, why not come along and join us?

Great to meet up with Gavin and Michael for a very pleasant afternoon. Dead impressed by how far Michael has come on since we last met: you should really consider a Bootcamp, Michael.
The beers on offer in the Coopers are really first class as well…

1 Like

It’s this, Saturday. Hopefully, will be able to watch the rugby: I’d forgotten it’s the Wales v Ireland game.
If you’ve never been before we guarantee - one condition applies * - a pleasant afternoon. All levels welcome.
It’s been great seeing how, just between each meet-up, everyone as moved on in the language - rapidly.

CONDITION: You use whatever Welsh you have.

2 Likes

Already looking forward to this, as the day before I’m attending an interview in Cardiff, so may have plenty to talk about come Saturday!

1 Like

Just the two of us but a great afternoon chatting and watching the rugby. What a great game that was . I thought Cymru might have blown it in the second half as a fine Irish team battled back though…
Discovered a great new real ale - First Dawn.

2 Likes

You and me both, chief. I’ve never seen a team take such a beating and come out on top on the scoreboard. Now, if Gatland had kept the other international standard tighthead we have in the squad, we could have had a scrum in the second half as well…

1 Like

I had planned to join you Kim, but the weekend rail upgrade meant diversions and over four hours to reach Rochester, gweld ti yn yr difodol.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

The Network was murder this weekend, but it didn’t stop me, John - I walked. So, no excuses! :wink:
Hopefully, will meet-up soon.

Felly, nes i golli’r Craic of Dawn yn y Coopers te, dw i’n twbio?

2 Likes

For this month only, we will be holding our Kent meet on a weekday evening in another fine Kentish town!

Our April meet will be on Tuesday 14th April from 7pm onwards in The Brenchley, High Street, Maidstone. This location has only been open for a couple of years and boasts a covered, heated beer garden with its own bar! The inside also looks very classy!

As ever, everyone is welcome to come along, whatever level your Welsh is at.

The May meet up should be back at The Coopers Arms in Rochester on a Saturday afternoon, the date of which will be determined as soon as I can organise it!

Edit: @Deborah-SSi , could you include this in the weekly email please? :blush:

1 Like

Helo eto!

There will be an additional date this month for our Kent meet. This will be Saturday 25th April at our usual venue, The Coopers Arms, St Margaret’s Street, Rochester, at the usual time of 1pm.
The meet at The Brenchley, High Street, Maidstone, on Tuesday 14th April at 7pm is also still happening this month.

We hope people can make it along to these, whatever level you’re at with your Welsh.

1 Like

A reminder that the one-off evening meetup The Brenchley in Maidstone is tomorrow evening from 7pm onwards.

Also, there will be a Saturday meet on the 25th April from 1pm at The Coopers Arms in Rochester - which will be my last Kent meeting as I will be moving to Barry and starting my new job in Cardiff next month. Although I’m sure that Kim (dinas) will continue to hold further meetings in Kent in the future.

1 Like

Just a bump! Really looking forward to meeting up with everyone: and bid farewell to, Gavin. I’ll give some though to a May meet-up over the coming weeks.

1 Like

Pob lwc i ti, Gav! :star2:

1 Like

It was great to meet up with Kim yesterday for my last Kent meet (for the foreseeable future) at The Coopers Arms in Rochester. The weather cleared up enough for us to use the beer garden for the meet too! Once again we also ran into a local Welshman too - ‘The Medway Artist’ Wynford Thomas. He tells us he is in the process of updating his website too. Why not check out his work at www.themedwayartist.co.uk.
I would like to thank EVERYONE who has attended our meet ups in Rochester over the last year and a half. I have always looked forward to these meets, not just for the sgwrs Cymraeg, or the excellent cwrw, but the company, who often turn up unexpectedly, which I’ve always found very encouraging indeed!
This isn’t the end for the meets in Kent though, as Kim @dinas will organise another soon. He will announce on here when that will be I’m sure. For the purpose of the weekly email, @Deborah-SSi , could you change the contact person to Kim please?
I am now looking forward to my move, and to attending meets in Cardiff, and my new hometown of Barry (who’s fortnightly Thursday afternoon meets take place just around the corner from me it appears!) - where time out of work permits, of course!
Again, thanks to all those who have made the Rochester meets as enjoyable as they have been!
Diolch yn fawr iawn i chi!
:smiley:

2 Likes