Know someone who wants to invest in SSi?

“We are at an inflection point in history” - Joel Garreau

Ain’t that the truth!

For the entire world and for so many reasons…

… But also spectacularly so for SSi – and we’re wondering if you know anyone who’d like to play with us!

Here’s the state of play:

Our annual turnover is running at right around £400,000, which may not seem like much, but it’s the highest figure we’ve ever hit! And unlike other growth spurts we’ve had in the past, this one hasn’t been driven by advertising. So, we feel confident that our revenue is more reliable than it’s ever been.

The reason we haven’t been advertising?

Because we’ve done that classic thing that small, growing companies do – we’ve poured every last pound into staffing and resources. In fact, an outside consultant we hired said that he’s never seen such a resource-rich company at this revenue level.

To put it another way, we’ve done the hard yards and now it’s time to throw petrol on the fire.

Do you know anyone who wants to throw that petrol and get rewarded handsomely for it with significant ROI and possibly even equity?

In terms of how much we’re looking for, we’ve proven that we can comfortably spend £1,000 per day on advertising in Welsh with very good results. Anything beyond that, we start to see diminishing returns.

But Spanish through English, and English through Spanish, which are already live and ready to go? And Mandarin, which is soon to follow? We can comfortably spend dozens if not hundreds of times that amount – yes, potentially millions per month – with absolutely no market saturation.

This is not fantasy or wishful thinking. We’ve done the research (and even flown to China!) and spelled it out in the following presentation:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JuiYoGJ9WLsi7Pv1mkfwUBphQFpUdRkx/view?usp=sharing

Have a look, and if you know anyone who’d like to play with us? Please have them send us an intro email at admin@saysomethingin.com with the subject line “Investment” and we’ll get right in touch to chew over the crunchy (and exciting!) details.

Oh, and if you yourself would like to play? We’d be deeply honored to ‘keep it in the family’ with you :heart:!

image|690x393

2 Likes

Great work.

Having talked to a recently retired post office master it seemed to be possible for someone to post an advertising business card or leaflet through every Welsh residence for very roughly £25,000-£40,000 (I have no idea myself so take with a major pinch of salt)
… While I realise that the Internet is much better for specific targeting.
I have met a huge number of people who are pro learning Welsh who have never heard of SaySomethinginWelsh… Maybe a seemingly outdated inefficient advertising campaign by post may not be so inefficient after all… mere thoughts here :+1::handshake:

The potential income from a full scale awareness campaign may pay back many times?
By the way, I should also make you aware that some of my interested mates in their 20s and 30s are telling me that the course is too expensive now since the pandemic started… are their cheaper limited versions?

Certain demographics are feeling much more financially uncertain now coupled with exploding house prices not helping… so maybe a slim down “Welsh in work” course could pull in younger people who may already have the school basics under their belt? Diolch

4 Likes