Layout of Daily Practice Area screen

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it won’t harm to mention it again, if so:

Please note, this is in no way a criticism, but is a constructive comment about something which is at present less than optimal.

I am on a laptop running Windows XP and Chrome Version 34.0.1847.137 m, which Uncle Google tells me is up to date.

When you first go to

https://site.saysomethingin.com/communities/welsh-for-english-speakers/courses/daily-practices-cyen

the column on the left hand side is not wide enough for the title of the C1 Lessons 1-6 practices to show up properly.

They show up as “C1 Speaking - L …” and “C2 Listening - L …”

Old hands will know what it means, but it would be confusing for new and newish learners, and also doesn’t look as professional as it might.

You could say this is just cosmetic, but since information that learners might need is not being displayed, it’s a bit more than cosmetic.

And I doubt if it would be all that difficult to fix. I don’t actually remember this being a problem on earlier manifestations of “the new site”, but I could be wrong of course. (I think that did happen once in 1979 .or so… :-} )

I’ll post a screen grab if we are now allowed to embed graphics, if someone will tell me how to do the embed.

If you click through to the practice sessions in question, then of course you see the full title at the top, although the column on the left hand side is still the same. There seems to be plenty of space on the right hand side for that left hand column to be expanded a little.

'yer we go, just a link though:

That’s how I see it too.
Good point. Especially as those are subscription pages and it won’t let you see the whole title until you have paid.

I have seen it too. For me, making my window wider fixed it. But on a laptop you may already be at max width. This is another place where control of the left column width would help.

Yes, on my laptop*, which is average sort of size, no way I could make my Window wider. That screen grab was in full screen mode (F11 on Chrome).

[*Dell Precision M70 ]