Learner badges

Sorry for not keeping up, Dee.
Which badge design is it please?

I have to confess that I’m not 100% sure as they don’t show the design on the website, but I THINK it’s the word ‘Cymraeg’ with the little word ‘Dysgu’ like Sara posted on Apr 2 above. That seems to be the latest design, and it’s the one that Menter Iaith tends to hand out.

Hi Dee. Great. That’s my favourite design . I’ll PM you as requested.

Dear Dee
Thanks could you please put me down for a learner’s badge
Brian Jones 34 Goldfinch Close, Orpington, Kent BR6 6NF
Diolch

1 Like

I’ve sent the list of names and addresses through to the Welsh Learning Centre and they’ve replied that the badges aren’t available yet but they will send them out as soon as they are. So that sounds very positive for all of you, including those not living in Wales!

7 Likes

I received my supply of badges in the post this morning, so hopefully those of you that gave your names and addresses to me will start to receive yours as well.

The badges are not what I expected. It appears they have changed the design yet again, and gone for a somewhat cheaper version. Still, if they do the trick and get you into a few more Welsh conversations, that’s what counts. I’ve tried to scan a picture of the badge - see below.

5 Likes

YAY! :grinning:
Mine appeared today too!

1 Like

And mine, thanks.

1 Like

Got mine, thank you @Deborah-SSi :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Deborah-SSi Mine came in today, thank you.

1 Like

Included in SSIW party dress code? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Better not be - mine hasn’t come yet!

1 Like

Check the post :slight_smile: Hope to see you later.

I’m bringing spares :smile:

1 Like

thanks Dee, mine has arrived

1 Like

Yeah, I think the current trend is to get “Dw i’n dysgu Cymraeg” tattood across one’s forehead :smiley:

The laser surgery was a killer though when I started considering myself a speaker than a learner :D:D

4 Likes

Hi Dee - am I too late to get one of these badges? Diolch. Alun Morgan

Yeah, I never actually received mine - although I did pick up one of the nice plain “Cymraeg” pins from the party.

I took all my spares to the party, and put them on the table with the selection of items that Nia took, then at the end of the night I was so tired I forgot to look for them, so I suspect they are now included in Nia’s box of goodies.

If you get in touch with your nearest Menter Iaith, they should be able to supply you with something @alunmorgan Are you in Cymru? I’m not sure if @jonathan_simcock_7 keeps a supply with Menter Iaith Lloegr.

1 Like