Learners in PortTalbot

What I should also have said is because Im so variable, I’ll join you on whatever days suit you guys the best, when I can. Helen

1 Like

Has any decision been made as to if and when and where a meet up will take place ?

Hi all I’ve been away for a few days.
I’ve collated the days and times that everyone has indicated they can make to keep track, but as a starter it’s looking like Monday the 25th is a go if only for a one off meet. Maybe we can discuss a way forward then?
If a few others are free for Wed 20th meeting at 12.30 I am available, but if you could confirm if you’re coming that’d be great, or I’ll be on my lonesome.

So Monday 25th is a go then…I’ll get there for 6.30pm.
Wed 20th is pending depending on who can come along.
Hope this is ok, really looking forward to meeting and chatting :smile:
@Deborah-SSi (newsletter?) Diolch

2 Likes

Hi Carin, sorry I can’t make Wednesday 20th because I’m working but I’ll be there for Monday 25th February at 6.30pm. Looking forward to meeting you all. Helen😃

1 Like

Hi Toni, are you able to make Monday 25th February at 6.30pm in The Aberavon Hotel on the sea front. It’d be nice to meet you and a few other locals who are still beginners at dysgu Cymraeg. Helen :blush:

Great see you then.
20th is a maybe so no worries

1 Like

Sorry I will not be able to meet up on Wednesday the 20th as have visitors, hope to make the 25th though.
Sandy

1 Like

Do you think it would be a good idea to creat a channel for us in Slack?
I did a search and nothing came up - just a thought

1 Like

Yes definately .

1 Like

I’ve set up a #porttalbotlearners group in Slack.
We can make calls in there if we fancy a quick chat between meets.
Hopefully this is the link: https://welshspeakingpractice.slack.com/messages/CGALXDLJJ/details/
If not just pop into channels and scroll down a bit to find it in the listings.
I’ve added John, but can’t find anyone else to add so please can you add yourself :slight_smile:
Thanks

1 Like

Great, thanks All. I hope to be OK for Monday 25th evening. But will need to confirm if OK. I’ll take a look at the Slack channel to familiarise myself with it.

Incidentally, on a different local theme: Is the Banksy still on the original garage wall next to the chapels in Ty Bach, please? It’s for my daughter, who is visiting at the moment with our grandchildren.

Hi can you.add me i .pleae, tried on link.But won’t let me.add myself !

Hi Sandy.
Are you already a member of the Welsh Speaking Practice (WSP) group? If not, could you please drop an email to admin@saysomething.com to ask to join please?

If (or when) you are a member of the WSP group (as opposed to this forum), could you let us know what your ID name is on WSP please, so we can invite you to the Port Talbot Channel?

1 Like

Sut mae, Joleen dw i.
I live in Skewen and would like to join this hangout group please if possible?
I am on 6 month challenge week 5. Also attending Sylfaen in Neath college. Trying to find my way around slack etc it’s all new to me!

1 Like

Hi, Joleen… I’m also in Skewen. Yes, so Slack is just like Skype or Whatsapp really. Its new to all of us. Please see messages above regarding joining the WSP practice group and also the Port Talbot “Channel”. So yes, please feel free to join. That would be great.

Also, you would be most welcome to come along to the real life get togethers. Tbh they will help you the most. John.

1 Like

I have managed to sort it out and should not be visible on the Port Talbot Channel. Thanks for the help

1 Like

Hi John
I’m following the thread for Port Talbot learners and hopefully I’ll be joining you in the Aberavon Hotel next week. I’ve just sent an email to admin to ask to join the WSP group. To be honest I am pretty baffled by Slack, I wrongly assumed once you paid for your course and registered with Slack that you’d be able to access it all. I didn’t even know there was a Welsh speaking practice group to be a member of. Hopefully once I have my ID etc I can join the Port Talbot learners group. Looking forward to meeting everyone in real life next week. Thankfully I can find my way to Aberavon without needing to contact admin for help first lol. Helen

2 Likes

Looking forward to meeting you all. First Meeting next Monday at Aaberafan Hotel is that right ?

2 Likes

I believe so, I think Carin said in an earlier post that she is going to be there at 6.30pm. I’m working but I will do my very best to be there at that time also. Helen

1 Like

Great stuff. Yes there is no charge for the Slack Welsh Speaking Practice.

I believe that the reason for membership being by invitation is to give a level of internet safety, because it is open to all (not just SSiW). So you will be able to access most of the “channels” and also talk to any of the 400+ members.

So, just to clarify - we don’t need to apply to become members of the real-life group, just turn up.

1 Like