Yorkshire Learners Group

Ah yes I think I see it! Thanks. I’m not free this Saturday but I’ll try for future ones! Do you get a good turn out?

I find it hard to practice with family as their welsh is, obviously, a lot more advanced and very quick! Hard for them to know what welsh I do / don’t know!

1 Like

Yes, but a fantastic source of practice once you get going!..and that can be a tricky thing for many - getting speaking time under your belt - so that should catapult you forwards - in time.

It is usually double figures. I guess there are about 20 people if everyone was there at the same time (which the aren’t). Usually about 10 - more or less.

Rich :slight_smile:

Online Weekly Zoom

Everyone welcome for our weekly catch up - a chance for a chat and to find out what people have been up to.

Just for fun - no stress :sunny:
It’s 12 noon, Saturday. All welcome! :sunny:

( Let me know if you want to join us and I’ll send you the link)

Online Weekly Zoom

Quiz : The quiz is back! It will be on ‘Welsh In Your World’ - I’m sure it will be great! :upside_down_face: :roll_eyes:

Tell us about…

‘What’s next for me…’…which can mean whatever you want - long or short answer!..

Also just for fun - no stress :sunny:

Free for all…

Gossip, show and tell, play a game, tell a joke, anything you like!

Online Weekly Zoom

I’ve heard a rumour…that Geraint might be back this week - if so our Cymro count is definitely on the up! :sunny:

It was great to have Helen back with a trouble free connection last week. :sunny: :sunny:

Quiz : So, Helen will do her quiz on ‘Welsh Woman’ ( croesi bysedd on the connection :smile:) :roll_eyes:

Tell us about…

‘My family…’…which can mean whatever you want - be real or imaginary, long or short answer!..

Also just for fun - no stress :sunny:

Free for all…

Online Weekly Zoom

It is great to have Geraint back :woman_cartwheeling: - some south Walian reinforcements at last! :smile:

Quiz : So, I have a quiz on ‘pethau bach’ :roll_eyes:

Topic…

Q&A - Bring 3 questions to ask…pick a person and ask them your questions - then it’s their turn!

Also just for fun - only if you want to - no stress :sunny:

Free for all…

1 Like

Hi

Stefi suggested I try and come along if possible, I don’t live in Leeds though is that ok? I’ve been learning since March with SSiW on level 1 challenge 20 so still got lots more to learn! I find it hard to get to many weekly chats with SSiW during week because of work so sat lunchtime would be great for me if poss , thanks, Huw

1 Like

Sorry can just see you’ve already replied elsewhere :laughing:, sorry thought I’d sent the previous message to wrong person, I’m just getting used to the forum ! :speak_no_evil: :laughing:

1 Like

Hi @huw-evans-2

Yes, I’ve sent you the zoom invite as a PM. It will be good to see you on Sat!

Diolch :+1:t2:

1 Like

Online Weekly Zoom

Hopefully Geraint will be back with us again - there has been a lot going on this week!

Quiz : our very own resident Cymraes - Helen of course - is going to do a quiz on ‘Cymry efo Y’ - hmm :roll_eyes:

Topic…

Continuing through Carys’s bumper bundle of topic ideas - how about answering the questions:

1. What did I do last week? ( past tense practice)

2. What will I do next week? (Future)

Also just for fun - only if you want to - no stress - long or short answers - real or imaginary answers! :sunny:

Free for all…

Thanks very much everyone I really enjoyed it, thanks for helping me out lots and putting up with me also :+1:t2::grinning:

1 Like

Funny I’ve also been thinking that since I’ve started learning welsh, even though I’ve always lived in Wales I now start seeing the meaning of all the welsh names and find I’m automatically pronouncing them slightly differently which my wife finds weird😆!

1 Like

@huw-evans-2

You did really well - you rolled your sleeves up, got stuck in and your Welsh seemed Great! :+1: :sunny: :sparkles:

Thanks you all made me feel relaxed to just have a go :+1:t2:. Do I need to find FB group?
Thanks

Huw

I’ve sent you a PM about it :+1:

Online Weekly Zoom

Quiz : so we are going to have a go at doing our very own, downsized, Quiz Mawr - as per the afternoon show on radio Cymru - this week - hmm :roll_eyes:

Topic…

How about…,

1. Describing your house, home or garden?
  2. Telling us where would be your ideal place/ home to live?

Also just for fun - only if you want to - no stress - long or short answers, which can br real or imaginary! :sunny:

Free for all…

Helen has a idea for an activity as a little experiment. Should be tipyn o hwyl!

Online Weekly Zoom

Quiz : Chrissie is in the chair for the quiz this week :musical_note: - hmm :roll_eyes:

Topic…

What’s been happening with you this week?..and what about next week?

Also just for fun - only if you want to - no stress - long or short answers, which can br real or imaginary! :sunny:

Free for all…

Online Weekly Zoom

Carys is in the chair this week for 40 mins of zoom-based frivolity! :dancer: :sunny:

!!!There is a different zoom link from the usual one!!..( it will be posted on the FB group today)… Open to all- let me know if you’d like to attend and I’ll send it to you.

Online Weekly Zoom

Back to the usual zoom link this week.

Game :

Come with a conversational question (maybe two) - and make it a question you’d like to answer yourself :wink: e.g.

What did you do on Tuesday? :sunny: :swimming_woman:
Tell me about something you do which is creative? :writing_hand: :yarn:

Pick a person: ask them your question; they answer it and ask it you back! Then it’s their turn. :man_cartwheeling: :dancer:

Chat…

What’s been happening with you this week?..and what about next week?

Free for all…

All activities are just for fun - and only if you want to - listen if you like - no stress - long or short answers, which can br real or imaginary! :sunny:

1 Like