Level 2 Challenge 10 South - Link word

S’mae pawb,

Struggling to understand the word between ‘meddwl and dylen nhw’ in the example below given at 24m 34s;

We all thought that they should try a better way
O’n ni I gyd yn meddwl… then what is the preceding word before dylen. It’s totally thrown me.

Would it be ok to say bod or bo’ as the link?

Wonderful course by the way. I hated learning Welsh at school and dropped it for French. It was so badly taught. A few decades later and living in exile haven’t things moved on!! Outstanding course Gareth and the team, da iawn I chi. I even bought Gareth’s book ‘Modern Welsh’ which is a hugely useful resource and would highly recommend.

Looking to move back to west Wales in next few years and am so happy I discovered this course.

Any suggestions to the above would be deeply appreciated.

Hwyl fawr

Stu

The linking ‘that’ that you need here is ‘y’ - O’n ni I gyd yn meddwl y dylen nhw.
The ‘that’ here is ‘y’ rather than bod because it precedes a verb. If you said bod or bo’, you’d be understood, but it wouldn’t be quite right.

Don’t worry - "that"s are tricky little rascals, but they’ll drop into line eventually! :wink:

Diolch yn fawr i chi Siaron. I should have used the forum and checked my sanity far sooner. It makes sense now. Cofion, S

1 Like