Level 2, Challenge 24. Bod v. na

Hi all
I was ever chuffed with myself in Challenge 24 of Level 2 when I heard Iestyn say ‘You’d tell me she didn’t want to answer, wouldn’t you?’ I’d got my head round the fact that ‘bod’ becomes ‘na’ if what follows is negative. But I struggled to squeeze in a ‘na’ - it just sounded wrong. Then in the answer - there’s a ‘bod’ in the middle - not a ‘na’. So - can someone enlighten me? Why is there no ‘na’ in this sentence? Is it because there’s no ‘that’ in the English sentence. Tad confused. :confused:

By the time you’re in this deep, there are plenty of different ways to say most of the prompts, so I’d suggest (to nobody’s surprise) not to worry about it…:wink: bod hi ddim isio, nad oedd hi isio, it’s all much of a muchness… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Aran …so you’re saying - that we don’t HAVE to do the ‘na’ thing if what follows is negative? Ah…it’s optional? Oohh…interesting. :relieved:

1 Like

That’s good to know! I stumbled on this as well.

1 Like

Mmmm… I’d never want to make a comment on a particular situation sound like a generalised rule - languages don’t usually work that neatly… :slight_smile: