Level 3 please

Me too… we’ve run into some extra work with the course creation tool that we’ll have to get done first, though - probably another month or so before we can get going on Level 3…

1 Like

Hola! I am hoping it won’t be too long for level 3 now? How’s the timescale going Aran?

Pretty much ready to start on it - one slight drawback is that we don’t have an internet connection in our new home yet!

But we’re meant to be live as of Monday, which means work will start on L3 Welsh that week, and fingers crossed (one more bit of work needs to be finished) on L3 Spanish fairly early in October… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hardderchog! Diolch yen fawr

1 Like

Yn!

Just checking in on level 3 status in case I missed an update on another thread.

1 Like

There is still not a Level 3 - I suspect there will be some work on moving the existing Spanish stuff over to SSiBorg before Level 3 actually starts getting recorded.

Hola Aran,
Any news on level 3 starting?

that’s hilarious LOL

1 Like

Aran; what sort of timeline are we looking at for level 3 mate? 2017…month? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

[Oops - edited to delete a load of stuff about Level 3 Welsh before I noticed I was in the Spanish forum!].

We’re trying to fix some recording quality issues with the new tool - once those are done, we’ll be very close to starting work on Level 3 Spanish - I would imagine that all things being equal, work will have started before Christmas, so there’s a fighting chance we’ll have some new stuff to publish by the spring…:slight_smile:

Good man! I’ll be ready by then! Muchas gracias

1 Like

Can we get the crappy recordings? Imperfect would be embraced. We are hungry for more!

please…

thanks…

1 Like

Agreed. Looking forward to more on Spanish

1 Like

Oh, gosh, so sorry about this folks - we’ve never broken through to any kind of consistent income from the Spanish course, so it’s just kept on not getting prioritised…

Right now, our main focus is on a new contract with the National Centre for Welsh for Adults, and on publishing two new English courses, with a new delivery method (that I think is a huge improvement) - tech is going to be flat out on that for the next month or so, and then we’ll be starting to work on a new idea which should dramatically accelerate our speed to build new material… if that’s successful, then we’ll be building new stuff for Spanish and several other languages at a much faster rate… but I’ve learnt not to make ANY predictions on stuff that requires tech development! :slight_smile:

Fair enough. But sad for myself, as this is the only program that really works for me!

Might I add that a lot of Spanish programs hook in clients via some free youtube videos. It’s a much larger market than Welsh. You might try that. :slight_smile:

You hooked me in with your book. I think a short concept video about building muscles would also be interesting. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We have had a shot at a few different things - and we’ve got a new marketing plan being presented to the Board tomorrow, actually - just haven’t managed to get that growth thing happening yet, outside of Welsh…

I am really, really sorry! But I do think it’s very likely that we’ll start publishing more Spanish stuff next year (and by that stage, it won’t be limited to just a Level 3)… :crossed_fingers: :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s awesome! All your previous Spanish customers will be fighting to get in line. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just going to add an upvote here for L3 spanish. i actually came to (and paid for) SSi, knowing what SSiW was (i live in wales) and how well recommended it was, but with the aim of getting my spanish speaking and listening more fluid through SSiS. i plan to stick around and do SSiW too, sooner or later, because i’ve also recently added welsh (or rather added it back) to my language learning plate. but nailing down spanish fluency is a key goal for me at this stage of my learning … it’s so close i can almost taste it!

in any case, thank you for working hard on these to make them a reality in whichever language and, yeah, i do get that you need it to be profitable. FWIW, after a week, I was hooked and I’ve been recommending it to others in the Zoom spanish classes that i do! :grinning: I don’t know what it’s like to come into this system cold, but it’s already starting to push me past the dreaded “intermediate plateau”. In any case, I hope that word of mouth in my little part of the world will make you a few bob.

2 Likes

I’m here to make some buzz for L3 too :raised_hands:
I have but a few L2 challenges to go now and I’m actually dreading the day when there’ll be none left. The structure they give me is very beneficial, I’m sure I wouldn’t be where I am now without them.

1 Like