Lift Sharing Wales - Eisteddfods/Gigs/Events/Bootcamps đźš—

I’m travelling from Llanelli on Thursday 30th May and returning on Monday 3rd June.
I will be leaving Llanelli at about 10am and making my way up slowly. Stopping off in Machynlleth for a cuppa in Caffi Alys. Happy to accommodate a couple of others en route. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am a complete twmffat!!!

I’ve just started another thread doing just this and didn’t see this… Sorry @HuwJones - dw i ddim wedi deffro yn iawn eto!

1 Like

“twmffat” is new to me. I guess it means “totally awesome” :laughing:

Since your thread has a wider application than mine and includes a neat car icon in the title, I’ll merge my thread into yours.
“Great minds like yours, @Isata’s and mine (??) think alike” :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you as always for your generosity Huw, you are a gentleman.

Twmffat - often used in Welsh to mean idiot. Here’s what a twmffat is… SX425

Now back to the business of lift sharing… :wink:

4 Likes

…Ah, so you funnel scattered particles enthusiasm and friendliness across the world into the rich concentrate of supportive wonderfulness that is SSiW… What a great twmffat you are!

4 Likes

I’ll now be driving to the party from Birmingham, as I’ll still be based here till at least the end of June. Tentatively exploring whether anyone would want a lift? This would probably suit bootcampers better, as I’ll be going up on Friday 31st May and not coming back until Sunday 9th June. One-way trips also on offer, if you like! (Well, Catrin and Aran’s mojito nights can get out of hand…)

I’ll probably go via Chester on the A41, or via Shrewsbury, Wrecsam and Oswestry on the A5. Other routes are available. I’ve not really made firm travel plans yet, but will factor in any enquiries as I do!

1 Like

I’d be happy to see if we can arrange a return together, a lift back might be great, but I’m already booked in to a place for arrival in Caernarfon on the Thursday.

1 Like

I’ll message you, Lorna. In the meantime, I think everything lift related is being focused in this thread: Lift Sharing Wales - Eisteddfods/Gigs/Events/Bootcamps 🚗

(I don’t know what to do about my random shouting about lifts here, so if someone wants to clean up, please feel free…)

1 Like

someone wants to clean up, please feel free…)

Your wish was my command :smile:

1 Like

Perhaps I could join you at Machynlleth if you are not already full?

1 Like

Definitely Lorna! I’d be delighted to have your company from Machynlleth. :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Helo pawb. I will be seeking a ride from Machynlleth to the July bwtcamp on 20 July, in case anyone is going that way and can fit me in. I’ll have a backpack. :smile:

That is the most awesomely beautiful thing I have read in a long time - I’m so having this on a bumper sticker… :heart:

5 Likes

Great thread! :heartbeat:
I’ll be travelling to Caernarfon from Portsmouth on Friday 31st May, returning Sunday 2nd and have a few seats spare. Route not decided yet - I’d be happy to go up through the Midlands/Telford/Shrewsbury/A5 route, or up through the middle of Wales along the A470. (I’m pretty keen on the mountain road between Llanidloes and Machynlleth).
Happy to share the journey!

Syniad da

Diolch i ti, @aliC . Dw i’n gyffrous iawn yn barod! :grin::partying_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Helo Huw! I live in Barmouth and would love to have a lift if you are going via Bermo - I’m staying in the middle of Caernarfon - let me know please if you do go this way! Hwyl fawr, Mari

Helo @mari-hughes-haddon. I’ll happily go via Y Bermo and offer you a lift.
Can you send me a PM with your preferred pick-up point and whether you’d like a lift back on Sunday?
The same applies to you @BronwenLewis, if you’re still interested, :smile:

Helo, pawb. This post may only partially suit this thread, so apologies in advance, and here goes…I’m coming from the US and will be flying into Birmingam the morning of the 29th. I’m booked into a hostel in Caernarfon Thursday the 30th, through Monday June 3. That leaves Wednesday the 29th to play with. Any recommendations of where to stop on my way from Birmingham to Caernarfon? I figure I might as well stop in a nice town/city/village on my way from Birmingam to Caernarfon, one that is served by train and/or bus, and would love some suggestions. As for the part that is relevant to this thread, is there someone who lives between B. and C. who will be driving to Caernarfon on Thursday the 30th and who would be interested in some company (and someone to chip in for petrol)? If so that might guide my choice of stopover. Thanks for indulging this only partial relevance to the thread, and for any recommendations of what to see on my way. Diolch!

Edited for privacy