List of meetups in Newport and surrounding area

Menter Iaith Casnewydd & Dysgu Cymraeg Gwent are holding a special ‘Cân i Gymru’ social evening at the Pen & Wig in Newport on Saturday 11th March. For the uninitiated, ‘Cân i Gymru’ is an annual Welsh language song contest broadcast on S4C. The winner of the contest represents Wales at the annual Pan Celtic Festival and is also awarded a cash prize.

Tickets are £3, please contact thomashughes@menteriaithcasnewydd or helen.young@coleggwent.ac.uk to reserve your place! Croeso cynnes i bawb!

2 Likes

Added 4-5 new one off events to http://chat.cymru, including the very interesting looking can i gymru above!

Sorry the one off events appear in a random order. I just blew all my spare time typing up info I found on images pulled from various twitter feeds.

2 Likes

A few more one off events added
Clwb Clonc in Pontywaun is also cancelled until further notice

A section for Cardiff meetings has also been added. It’s a bit sparse at the moment till I find a bit more time to start gathering details of Cardiff events.

1 Like

Couple more one off events added

• night of comedy in Abergavenny
  • Trip to visit Cardiff City Stadium

Also, Clwb Clonc in Pontywaun appears to be back up and running - a poster without the cancelled notice has been recently tweeted

Details here:
http://chat.cymru/welsh/meetups.html?region=south-east

1 Like

List has been updated with a couple of extra meetups.

1 Like

Just a reminder that there is a ‘Cwrw a Chlonc’ session at the New Inn Hotel, Langstone on 3/7/17 at 7pm. This meeting takes place on the first Monday of the month.

Croeso cynnes i bawb!

1 Like

New weekly Clwb Clonc starts soon in Y Fenni:
https://chatcymru.blob.core.windows.net/fromtwitter/2017-06-24/DC6clRXXUAA28Xc.jpg

1 Like

Just a reminder that ‘Cwrw a Chlonc’ takes place tonight!

7pm - 8.30pm at The New Inn, Langstone, Newport. Croeso i bawb!

1 Like

where do you meet

Hi Gareth, this event takes place at the New Inn Hotel, Chepstow Road in Langstone NP18 2JN on the first Monday of the month between 7pm and 8.30pm. We’ll be holding our next session on 7th August.

I’ll be sat near the bar with wearing my Cymraeg lanyard.

1 Like

Another date for your diaries - Menter Iaith Casnewydd will be holding another ‘Clwb y Cornel’ bilingual quiz night (questions will be in Welsh first and then repeated in English) at 7pm on Friday, 18th August at the Gôl Football Centre on Nash Road. Croeso cynnes i bawb!

1 Like

August’s ‘Cwrw a Chlonc’ session takes place tonight.

7pm - 8.30pm at The New Inn, Langstone, Newport.

1 Like

A quick plug for Menter Iaith Casnewydd’s bimonthly, bilingual quiz. Once again I’ll be your quiz-master and will recite all questions in Welsh and English. The quiz takes place at 7pm on Friday, 27th October (plenty of time to brush up on your daearyddiaeth…) at the Gôl Football Centre on Nash Road. Fab prizes to be won.

Dewch yn llu!

2 Likes

woo hoo.

A team which included me and @llanddinol were victorious at the last quiz, and that was despite one of the other teams fielding an ineligible inflatable monkey against us.

Great chance for Welsh practice, and if you don’t have a team message me and we can organise something.

3 Likes

A quick reminder that the quiz takes place on Friday! Croeso i bawb.

1 Like

Another quiz for your diaries! 12 Ionawr / January so plenty of time to prepare :wink:

Croeso cynnes i bawb!

Thomas

1 Like

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!

A quick bump / reminder that Menter Iaith Casnewydd will be holding a bilingual quiz on 12/1/2017. Welsh is the primary language of the quiz but all questions will also be repeated in English. Please see the poster above for details.

Diolch!

1 Like

A quick reminder that January’s ‘Cwrw a Chlonc’ session takes place tonight.

7pm - 8.30pm at The New Inn, Langstone, Newport NP18 2JN.

2 Likes

Team SSi will be back for the cwis tonight - me and Ron at least!

Hopefully @llanddinol and @cuckoo too, and @ji_1 is making an effort to join us!

1 Like

Sorry can’t do quiz tonight but look forward to seeing the winners tomorrow morning
in Newport central library. come one come all top floor ten o’clock-ish.