List of meetups in Newport and surrounding area

Chepstow - Cas-gwent
SSiW and Menter Iaith now have a joint coffee morning/breakfast club the fourth Saturday every month 10.30-12.00 in the Lime Tree St Mary Street Chepstow. Come and join us this Saturday 23rd June and every fourth Saturday in the month for coffee, breakfast and of course to practice your Welsh

1 Like

Caldicot - Cil-y-Coed
A walk has been organised by Menter Iaith, (Blainau Gwent, Torfaen a Mynwy) around the park at Caldicot castle (Castell Cil-y-Coed) Thursday 28th June. Meet in the castle car park at 10.00 (NP26 4HU). Afterwards refreshments can be had in the castle café.

2 Likes

Hi @llanddinol - just checking, are you the contact person for this meetup now? I have it in the weekly newsletter already but I have @nic as the contact person.

I’ll pop this in this week’s newsletter for you. If you could tag me with @dee when you hear of any other events in your area I’ll get alerted about them, so that would be great. Diolch!

1 Like

Menter Iaith Casnewydd will be holding our amazing bimonthly & bilingual quiz on 20/7/18 at the Gôl Football Centre, Newport. Questions are in Welsh first and then repeated in English. Croeso i bawb!

Details are on the poster below:

1 Like

Just a reminder that the bilingual quiz takes place tonight!

1 Like

Hi all, for them as want’s it, there will be a meeting on Saturday morning 10:30 on in Horton’s coffee shop.
That’s in Newport the other side of the footbridge from Friars Walk. Come along for a chat you’re sure to
have a good time.:wink:

A new tag rugby session will be starting next week - if you fancy keeping fit and practicing a bit of Cymraeg of the same time!

1 Like

There’s also a bilingual quiz + comedy night coming up on Friday, 5th October!

1 Like

Tag Rugby yn Gymraeg starts tonight! 5.30pm 'til 6.30pm at the Gôl Football Centre, Newport.

A warm croeso for all! Open to all abilities… I used to play in the front row as a teenager so my passing is truly below par :wink:

1 Like

Just a reminder that Menter Iaith Casnewydd’s Quiz + Comedy night takes place on Friday 5th October at the Gôl Football Centre (same site as Lliswerry School). The bilingual quiz will take place from 7pm til 8.30pm and then Welsh language comedy after that. We should be done by 10.30pm. Tickets are £6.

Hwyl am y tro!

Thomas

1 Like

Just to let you know, Menter Iaith Casnewydd are holding a Welsh walk at Beechwood Park this Thursday (18/10/18). We’ll meet at 2pm in the cafe. Details on the poster.

A warm croeso is extended to all SSIWers!

2 Likes

Ho Ho Ho! Menter Iaith Casnewydd will be hosting a Bilingual Quiz on 14/12/18.

There’ll be mince pies on arrival and possibly a visit from good old Sion Corn!

A ‘croeso cynnes’ awaits all SSIWers!

2 Likes

Shwmae?

Nadolig is fast approaching and Menter Iaith Casnewydd will be celebrating by hosting a Welsh Walk at Tredegar House on Friday 21st December.

Details on the poster.

Croeso i bawb!

Just a reminder that the Cwis Nadolig takes place on Friday, 14th December!

2 Likes

Just to let you know that the Siop a Siarad gang are taking a break over Christmas but we’ll be back at the Cwtsh on Stow Hill between 10am and 12pm on Saturday, 5th January.

In the meantime, Ron has arranged a meeting at Horton’s Cafe on Millennium Walk near Rodney Parade at 10am on Saturday, 22nd December. They have a Welsh speaking member of staff and there’s a piano in the cafe as well… so I’m sure the crew will end up having a Welsh sing-song!

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!

2 Likes

Mari Lwyd will be galloping around Caerleon on the 12th of January. Starting about six o’clock at the Bell Inn then The Ship,White Hart, Dog Inn ( some folks will know this as Fat Stans ) finishing in the HanburyArms.
Come along and sing your little hearts out.

3 Likes

A quick reminder that the ‘Siop a Siarad’ Welsh conversation group will be back at the Cwtsh on Saturday, 5th January!

2 Likes

Clwb Cinio / Welsh Dinner Club is back! Contact Menter Casnewydd before 21/1/19 to book a place.

1 Like

Is this still happening? I’d like to come along.

Hi Gemma ,
Contact details for Thomas on bottom of poster but I’m sure it’s going ahead.
You’re certain to enjoy it,nice friendly crowd,very welcoming.
Dave.

1 Like