List of meetups in Newport and surrounding area

Hi Gemma, yes this is going ahead. Send me an email or DM and I will reserve a space for you.

Diolch,

Thomas

1 Like

Get your walking boots on… there’s a Welsh Walk around Magor Marsh on Thursday, 31st January 2019. Details on the poster. Croeso i bawb!

2 Likes

If you fancy some Welsh conversation and a great meal in Newport, get in touch!

1 Like

Shwmae citizens of the 'Port and surrounding areas!

@jamesmahoney @cuckoo @llanddinol

Menter Iaith Casnewydd’s bilingual bimonthly quiz returns on 15th March at the Gol Centre near Lliswerry School.

Questions are in Welsh first then repeated in English - ideal for learners.

1 Like

Shwmae SaySomethingInWelshers!

There’s a film starring Huw Stephens about the Welsh language music scene on at the Riverfront Theatre, Newport on Wednesday, 27th February at 7pm. Tickets cost £5. The film will be subtitled.

anorac

The Casnewydd crew will be in the cafe for a good sgwrs about half an hour before the film.

Hwyl,

Thomas

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I’ve just moved back to South Wales (grew up in Risca and now living in Cwmbrân) and I am desperate to find some learner’s groups and meet lovely language learners and new speakers. This thread seems pretty old now, and the links don’t seem to lead anywhere. Can anyone point me towards a more up-to-date list? Diolch yn fawr :slightly_smiling_face:

@cuckoo I think we met before but it was years ago now. Still in Risca?

@TomCasnewydd
@jamesmahoney
Tagging you both because you seem to be in the know :sweat_smile: Hello! Jade dw i

I can’t help with the specific question, Jade, but I can point you towards the lovely people at Menter Iaith Casnewydd. They organise some of the events that will have been included in the original list (and probably still are in any updated list), so it won’t be everything but it’s a starting point? You can find out about them and what they do on their website here: Home | Menter Casnewydd

Pob lwc!

Diolch, @sara-peacock-1 ! I’ll have a look :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like