Liverpool SSiW at Bethel

Shwmae pawb!

I’ve booked a table at the pub for us to use next Monday, 2nd May, when Bethel will be closed for the bank holiday. It’s at The Richmond Tavern, just a couple of hundred yards from the chapel and has been booked in my name. I’m aiming to be there by 7:15 for a 7:30 start.

Tonight’s meeting will be at Bethel as usual. See you there!

2 Likes

Ben Rees has given me details of when Bethel will be open on Mondays for the next few weeks. We will be able to meet there on all of the following dates:

9th,16th, and 23rd May (but not 30th)
6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th June.

We had a good turn-out at The Richmond Tavern this week. If there’s a consensus that we also want to meet on the next bank holiday, 30th May, then perhaps we can use this pub as our alternative venue again.

1 Like

Hi Mike, sent you a message a few weeks ago about coming to your group, am now able to come and will be along tonight. Diolch, Mike.

1 Like

We’ll be there as usual. See you this evening…

1 Like

Sorry about this Mike but something has come up last minute so will look to come next week now.

No problem. We’ll see you next week, then.

To all at Bethel: If you haven’t already noticed, please be aware that our group has a collection of books available for loan. There are reading books suitable for all levels, grammar books, and written course materials. If you’re past the stage of “learn to speak first” and have reached “then learn to read” (or if you intend to cheat a little in that respect) then you’re welcome to borrow any of the books. Just ask me during y sesiwn paned on any Monday evening.

1 Like

We’ll be at Bethel this evening as usual, but please be aware that the building will be closed next Monday because of the bank holiday. I’ve therefore booked a table for us to use next week (30th May) at The Richmond Tavern, just across the road. The time will be the same as usual, namely 7:15 for a 7:30 start. There was Reverend James Rye on draught when I visited this afternoon to make the booking, and there’s good coffee for those who have to use the car!

1 Like

And another thing! I’ve just been to see an exhibition of pictures by Peter Appleton and an artist collegue of his. Peter is a learner who has come to some of our meetings at Bethel, and the works he’s exhibiting at the moment all have a Welsh theme. They have been inspired by the stories of the Mabiniogion. The venue is The Reader Gallery in Calderstones Park. It’s worth a visit, and if Peter is there, as he was this afternoon, it’s another opportunity to practice your Welsh.

1 Like

We’ll be back at Bethel on Monday 6th June, at our usual time.

By the way, for those who are planning to go to Ben Rees’ lecture on Saturday 11th, please note that he says it will be necessary to arrive before 10:00 if you intend to use the simultaneous translation. See you there!

1 Like

Hi Mike, still keen to come along but have been a bit busy this summer. I’m working my way through level 2 south and course 3 and would be happy to come along sometime later in August or September. Is the group still meeting and what are numbers like? Thanks, Mike.

Yes, we’re still meeting throughout the summer. Next Monday evening will be the last week at Bethel for a little while, but we will be meeting at the same time in a pub nearby. I’ll post venue details here once I’ve booked the table.

We rarely have fewer than ten people taking part each Monday, split between two groups, and sometimes have as many as twenty. I look forward to seeing you when you’re able to join us.

1 Like

I’ve booked a table at The Richmond Tavern, our usual alternative venue, for Monday 1st August. I’ll be there at 7:15 to make sure that everything is ready for a 7:30 start. See you on Monday!

1 Like

While we were at The Richmond Tavern this week I took the precaution of booking a table for our next meeting on Monday 8th August at our usual time. I look forward to seeing you there.

1 Like

Shwmae pawb, I have booked a table at the Richmond Tavern for next Monday 15th August if you would care to join us. I will be there from 7.15pm, doing some light feng shui, for a 7.30pm start. Look forward to seeing you there. Gareth. (Sut dych chi’n dweud ‘feng shui’ yn gymraeg… ?)

1 Like

Trefnu’r dodrefn? Siweu ffyng? Pob lwc ar gyfer nos Lun nesaf!

We’ll be meeting at The Richmond Tavern on Monday 29th at 19:30, then resuming our meetings at Bethel on Monday 5th September. I look forward to seeing you there. Many thanks to Gareth for arranging the pub bookings while I was away in Wales.

1 Like

I’ve checked with Ben Rees, and Bethel will ideed be available for our meetings again on Monday evenings from 5th September onwards. Doors will be open by 7:15 for a prompt 7:30 start, as usual. See you there!

1 Like

Still hoping to make it to one of these. Getting back from work in Wigan on time proving restrictive though! Bad Wigan!

1 Like

We’re still meeting every Monday, and of course you’re still welcome to join us. I haven’t been to Wigan recently, but I’ve sampled the Liverpool end of the M62 this evening. If you’re travelling by car between Wigan and Liverpool you have my sympathy!

2 Likes