Liverpool SSiW at Bethel

I’ve thought exactly that on a regular basis ever since they poached Scott Quinnell…:wink:

1 Like

Ah, there are so many reasons to think that of Wigan!

If you are organising the Bethel meetings now, may I ask you, please would you ask anyone who has not signed the petition for fair finance for S4C if they would do so? Diolch yn fawr iawn a Nadolig Llawen!
Link is:

p.s. folk from anywhere outside Wales are very welcome, even those from Wigan!! (I used to like the sign to Wigan pier when driving up and down the M6!)

Yes, we still meet every Monday (but see next posting, below). I’ll mention the petition next week.

Here’s our group’s schedule for the holiday period:

12 Dec - Bethel
19 Dec - Pub, to be confirmed.
26 Dec - Dim byd
02 Jan - Dim byd
09 Jan - Bethel

New members are welcome to join us at any of these meetings!

2 Likes

We will indeed be meeting at The Richmond Tavern on Monday 19th December. I have booked a table for us from 7pm and I expect that it will probably be in our usual place, in the corner beyond the left-hand end of the bar.

1 Like

We will resume our regular Monday meetings in Bethel at the usual time (doors open by 19:15 for prompt 19:30 start) on 9th January. In the mean time, here’s a picture of a diligent learner to inspire us all:

This is Dweezil, who lives in Aberystwyth. She has already learned to speak as much Welsh as she ever will, so now it’s time to try reading.

1 Like

If anyone’s interested, you can hear about our Welsh group on the iPlayer at the moment. Three
of us were on BBC Radio Merseyside on Tuesday morning:

Our piece starts at 1:05:55 into the programme and continues for just over ten minutes. If you listen carefully, you’ll hear that Gareth managed to include a plug for SSiW.

We’ll be at Bethel tomorrow (Monday) evening as usual…

3 Likes

Gwych, diolch yn fawr iawn! :slight_smile: :star2:

1 Like

It’s the bank holiday season again! Please note that our meeting on Monday 1st May will be in the pub, not at Bethel. I’ve booked the table from 19:15 so that we can start at 19:30 prompt.

1 Like

Same again, please! We’ll be meeting in the Richmond Tavern on Monday 29th May at the usual time. Thereafter we’ll be at Bethel until the holiday season.

1 Like

We’ll be at The Richmond Tavern on Monday 31st July, since Bethel will be closed for the holiday season, and we plan to meet in this same pub on every Monday evening throughout August. Start time will be 7:30 as usual. Furthermore, Monday is the evening when all cask ales (Including Rev James!) are reduced to £2.49 per pint.

1 Like

We’re back at Bethel from tomorrow evening, 4th September, starting at 7:30 as usual. Doors will be open from 7:15 or a little earlier. See you there!

2 Likes

The Last Post

This thread has grown very long, so I think it’s about time we had a new one where it doesn’t take ages to scroll to the latest posting. I’ve started an SSiW Liverpool 2018 thread as a replacement. Its first item concerns late 2017, paradoxically, and in particular how we will be meeting in the pub next Monday, 18th December, instead of at Bethel.

Hwyl fawr am y tro…

2 Likes