SSi Forum

Llon-dain - The Touring London Meet Up

It was great and lovely to meet some new faces! Thanks again Peter for organising. I’m looking forward to the next one, I will have a look at the calendar and suggest some dates in late June/July.

I would like to join you for this. I’m free most Sundays except the third Sunday of the month from now until September.

The next Llon-dain will be in Wimbledon on Sunday 23rd June. The timetable worked well last week, so we will follow the same pattern - meet in a cafe in Wimbledon village (which cafe tbc) at 2pm followed by a walk across Wimbledon common and/or Cannizaro Park, finishing with a drink (or three) in a pub (again tbc nearer the time). Last time we were finished around 5.15 but end time flexible (and I’ll be nearer home next time :slight_smile: ). All levels welcome.

After that we’ll probably skip July and August as so many people have holidays (but if anyone is keen to arrange a date feel free to make a suggestion) and perhaps we’ll go a bit more central/northwards in September.

@dee can you add it to the newsletter, maybe under the monthly meetups too? I’m sure @peterallen would be happy to be the contact as it was his brilliant idea :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi, I live north west of London, at the end of the Met line. I would definitely be interested in meeting up in September especially if you are coming north of the river. I will be coming to then end of the 6 month intensive course by ten so hopefully will have something to say in Welsh!

Continuing the discussion from Llon-dain - The Touring London Meet Up:

Hi there, I’ve just joined and noticed this thread.
I started learning welsh at the beginning of the year and live in Wimbledon so am keen to join anything going on. I’m around over the summer so do let me know if anyone fancies meeting up. Currently I don’t know any welsh speakers in London or anyone learning welsh so I don’t get much (translates as any) opportunity to the my pigeon-welsh I’ve learnt so far.
Best
Az