Llyncu Geiriau - new series - more contestants wanted!

The first one will be broadcast to the world on the 12th of November at 10 am/yb , until the 14th of January. There will be a Christmas special, which I am not in, but we did try out the special hats. I will fail to entertain you all on the 6th show on the 17th of December.

Me too, ours were much tougher than team A, I had to sit there biting my tongue when i knew one! I was rubbish on the memory game, which my partner would have been better on with. All part of the fun though.

That must have been it, if only we hadn’t gambled everything to try and win the speedboat!

2 Likes

The last show on 14.1.2018 is when I demonstrate my appalling ability at the memory test when trying to recall the objects. My brain cells were not working because in fact I even forgot the names of the birds which I feed in my garden in the chat with Eleri Siôn.
Would I do it again? - Yes.

5 Likes

I will be on the show the week before you @llanddinol on 7/1/18. Did I meet you when I was on my way out I wonder? I did speak briefly to a couple of the people on the next show.

1 Like

@Y_Ddraig_Las you said 17/11, but that was Friday. Did you mean tomorrow 19/11?
Then @sandramckenzie on 7/1 and @llanddinol on 14/1. Is that everyone!?

The first one was 12/11, It’s just listed as Dal Ati on S4C Clic. The one I’m on is 17/12.

It seems that the date of my appearance has been moved to 21.1.2018.

So thst is 17/12, 7/1 and 21/1 mmm I’ll expect you when i see you, I think!

The programme I’ll be on has also been moved - to 14/1/2018.

1 Like

The current crop of contestants seems to consist only of those still in school. I would have thought they’d intersperse them with older learners. Anyone know why not? And, old curmudgeon that I am, while not knowing any of the young singers mentioned, I was shocked by the lack of general knowledge!!

A few younger people on Llyncu Geiriau are most welcome. I know when I was on it, the youngest of the four us will never have seen 50 again.

1 Like

Oh, I totally agree, but I wonder if they try to find anything about what they learn in school now? They seemed very uninformed about many of the subjects covered.

I’m sure it’s very easy to go blank when you’re in that situation. They were probably kicking themselves afterwards. And good on them for having a go! I think we should focus on the positives myself.

11 Likes

But they were brilliant on the popular culture questions! I have no idea who the Kardashians are, apart from hearing them mentioned quite a lot. I think they choose the questions in relation to the ages of the contestants, which I’m not convinced by.
Just wait until I appear, the studio lights, the studio disruptions of having to do several takes, takes all your intelligence/ knowledge away. you’ll be screaming at the TV [ 'Get the crystal, it’s there right in front of you you idiot!"]

2 Likes

I was sorry for everyone today as they clearly had a crossword totally unsuitable for them. i cringed at ‘most famous, or best, rugby player’. I sttill say Barry John! But Imwouldbhave said Gareth, given where it fit! I only knew Chris Coleman because of Wales’ performance in the Euros and I have never watched Gavin and Stacey, but knew Ruth from Stella. I was so dispirited with the subject, I forgot Doctor Who is now made in Wales and still think it was cheating to include him!

To think it’ll be me whom everyone pities for being an idiot for not knowing things on Sunday

No we’ll be awed by your Welsh, never mind your general knowledge!

2 Likes

Most of us will be filled with admiration for you having the courage to have a go! And I’m sure you did better than you think.

6 Likes

What Dee said :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What Aran said. :thumbsup:

5 Likes

What the Bearded One said :smile:

I get nervous talking to a single person on Skype - I give you tremendous credit for being on a TV show!

7 Likes