Machynlleth meetups

It was lovely to meet you again, @pollypolly, and @hilary, who’s doing amazingly well. The 5 day intensive works!

2 Likes

Oh, that’s great to hear! I was worried that Bootcamp seemed like slightly too deep water for you, Hilary! :slight_smile:

I’m thinking about going on the walk organised by Cymdeithas Edward Llwyd on 17th June, in Pennal, near Machynlleth. Anyone fancy coming along?

Link here (scroll down the page) for details and a map link: http://www.cymdeithasedwardllwyd.org.uk/aCELL/?q=node/14

I’ve never been on one of these before, no idea what they’re like, but it’s only 5 miles, so if I find it impossible to keep up conversation, I can just smile and look at the trees, right?

I’m determined to find something to do in Welsh!

2 Likes

Yes, I’m planning on joining this one as well - it’ll be my fifth walk with CEL (although first with the southern group). They’re very welcoming of dysgwyr and no need to worry about having to keeping up the conversation - there are always natural breaks in the flow anyway. Probably worth arriving 15-20 mins beforehand to have the chance to get to know people a little before setting off. Hope to see you there.
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

This sounds just the thing to get me moving! I have some problems with my feet, but five miles is within range. Count me in!

2 Likes

Bendigedig! @johnwilliams_6 and @helenlindsay - I’ll see you there!

Quick reminder:

The next Machynlleth meet up will be this Saturday in Caffi Alys at 10.30am. All welcome!

The Caffi Alys one-year anniversary party is happening in the evening too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder - see you there!

2 Likes

This Thursday evening (a sort of late Diwrnod Shwmae Su’mae event) there is a Beetle Drive (Gyrfa Chwilod) in Caffi Alys starting at 7.30pm. It will be a lot of fun and we don’t need to take it as seriously as they do at Merched Y Wawr (they’re very competitive :wink: - no I’m not joking).
Really, if you can throw dice quickly, shout out numbers in Welsh, you can win! I’m going!

4 Likes

This Monday evening, @Nicky will be in Tafarn y Dyfi, Glantwymyn (Cemmaes Road) 7-8pm inspiring the local group of learners. All welcome!

2 Likes

All welcome tonight in the Dyfi, Glantwymyn:
@Isata @BronwenLewis

3 Likes

The next Machynlleth meet up is on Saturday 13th January, but it won’t be in Machynlleth! Instead, we (@Isata, @BronwenLewis) are going to join the touring Ceredigion group in Llandysul. Field trip! :slight_smile:

Also, on the same day, there is the annual Y Fari Llwyd, starting at the Brigands Inn:

A mini bus is being organised from Machynlleth to the Brigands and onwards. Let me know if you are interested.

1 Like

Just a reminder that the next Machynlleth meetup is tomorrow in Caffi Alys at 10.30am. We’re looking forward to a larger group this month after @Deborah-SSi’s talk/Q&A session about the 6-month Welsh Speaker course last week.

All welcome of course!

Also, if anyone’s interested in coming to the Canolfan Owain Glyndŵr AGM to hear about the Heritage Lottery Fund application that has just been submitted and the plans for developing the centre, that’s on Tuesday at 7pm upstairs in the Powys Room (above Caffi Alys).

3 Likes

Hello
I’ll be around Machynlleth 19th to 26th May, any chance of catching up with folks, even just a coffee?
Polly

Hi Polly,

On your last day - a few of us will be attending one of our monthly Clonc-edigion meetup about 45 mins down the road in Llwyncelyn if you are still about on that day

Hi Polly

It would be lovely to see you again. I have visitors arriving 21st-30th, but I won’t be entertaining them all the time. I’m sure we can arrange a few cups of coffee! @BronwenLewis @Isata

Helen

Sorry, Polly, I’m away next week. Next time, hopefully…

You could probably get a lift down with someone @pollypolly. We usually have a few from Machynlleth area. It would be good to see you.

1 Like

llwyncelyn on my last day, I’m tempted but I’d better be sensible and get travelling on. That’s the trouble with a Saturday to Saturday holiday, one tends to miss the Saturdays when events are on.
Sorry not to catch you this time Bronwen, do enjoy your time away.
But coffee plural with Helen, sounds good. I’ll message you separate with my phone number as I don’t access email while on holiday.

The next Machynlleth meetup will be postponed to 15th September (instead of 8th), to coincide with Gŵyl Machynlleth.

…And because we’ve had a Three Macheteers Penblwydd Hot Tub Hangout! Penblwydd Hapus i ni i gyd!!

4 Likes