Manchester Meet Ups now twice a month!

We are going to try and have the Manchester Zoom group twice a month from next month…the 1st and 3rd Saturday at 10.30am. As the sessions are only for 40 minutes due to Zoom restrictions we thought this may be a good idea to give people more opportunities. We’re finding that some members who had difficulties getting to the cafe are managing to join which is great and we are thinking that once normality returns we may meet once a month in the cafe and once a month on Zoom. We even had 2 learners joining us from Australia last Saturday!

The following link will work for every meeting as I’ve set it up as recurring to save scheduling it each time.

I was wondering if you could mention our change to twice monthly in the newsletter please @CatrinLliarJones Diolch yn fawr iawn

Please also join our Facebook page if you haven’t already. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DysgwyrCymraegymManceinion/

See you there!! :grinning:

Jean Brandwood is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Sgwrs Cymraeg ar Zoom
Time: 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month at 10.30am for 40 minutes.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/6305527359?pwd=RFYwYTZKNVh3a2Y1YVpXSFBaRFpGUT09

Meeting ID: 630 552 7359
Password: 059231

3 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn - Thank you very much for the mention of this in the newsletter @CatrinLliarJones :grinning::grinning: xx

1 Like

Unfortunately I can’t seem to get into this meeting. Asks for pass code then says it is incorrect…
Steph x

1 Like

So sorry Steph. We had problems this morning. I don’t know how/why the passcode changed. From now on I’ll put a link to the session on the Facebook reminder and one here on SSIW. Huge apologies to you and anyone else who missed today’s session. I quickly sent some messenger messages when we realised there was an issue but didn’t have everyone’s details.
I wondered about Andy too as he doesn’t use Facebook…sorry Andy if you were locked out too…
Look forward to seeing you next time Steph.

No problem. Will try and join you another time. I used the time to complete lesson 7, level 2, so got my Welsh fix! Sx

1 Like

Look forward to seeing you again soon Steph. We’ll done with the lesson! :grinning: x

Here’s the Zoom link for the next Manchester meet up…Saturday 7th November at 10.30 as usual.
Look forward to seeing you. Croeso i bawb! Welcome to all.

Topic: Sgwrs Cymraeg ar Zoom
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting

Passcode: NVVG2T

Next Manchester Meet up via Zoom this Saturday. Look forward to seeing you there! :grinning:

Here’s the link :

Join Zoom Meeting

Are these still happening?

Diolch

Yes they are and you’d be most welcome. It’s always the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. If you’re on Facebook we have a page where we also have reminders and bits of interest:
Dysgwyr Cymraeg ym Manceinion.
The link and details above are still valid.

Diolch

Jean

1 Like

Hi, I live in the Peak District so near Manceinion and would like to participate in the Zoom Manchester Meet Ups - will the next be 6th February? Diolch

1 Like

Hi Jonathan
You’d be most welcome. Yes the next one will be the 6th February. Details, link etc as above. Look forward to seeing you.
Hwyl am y tro :grin:
Jean

The next Manchester meet up is next Saturday 20th February - usual time and link. We’re hoping to have a special musical guest this time! :grinning: Welcome to all. Croeso.

Great to see everyone at the group this morning. We were lucky to have Jayne Elizabeth Williams as our special guest today. What a lovely voice.

And thank you once again to our own Andy Birch for singing his own song to us at our previous meet up - excellent! Looking forward to hearing more songs soon from you Andy. :grinning:

Here’s a link to our Facebook page again for anyone who needs it. All welcome.

Looking forward to our next meet up Saturday 15th May. All welcome. At the moment we have a lovely regular group of people attending. Varies from 6 to about 10 people. All at different levels and all very friendly.

Join Zoom Meeting

Our next Zoom meet up is this Saturday 5th June 2021. Link to join and details are as above. All welcome! We’re thinking of working towards having one meet up a month on Zoom and another back at Siop Shop Cafe in Manchester, but for now we’re continuing on Zoom only. :grin:

2 Likes

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Helo pawb, Hi all.

Following a discussion at the last Zoom meet up, it was agreed that from September onwards we start to meet up in Manchester again for the 3rd meeting in each month and continue to meet on Zoom on the 1st meeting of the month. I hope this is agreeable to all. Prior to Covid-19, we only met once a month but it was agreed that continuing an extra meet up on Zoom would be a good idea to allow people to attend who would find it difficult to get to Manchester.

We decided that for a while at least, it would be better to meet up at a larger venue than Siop Shop Café, even though we are all keen to continue supporting this great little place. We agreed to return to meeting in Manchester Art Gallery Café. I will probably call in to Siop Shop after meet ups for lunch or a cuppa – they open from 10am on Saturdays.

The Zoom sessions will have the same link as usual which I will add to the reminders each month. I will put details and reminders on our Facebook page and on here so hopefully I won’t miss anyone but please share this with anyone who you think may not see it.

@Deborah-SSi Please could this go in the next newsletter? Diolch o galon :slight_smile:

Diolch yn fawr iawn.

3 Likes

Bore Sadwrn nesa! Dewch draw. :grin:Next Saturday morning! :grinning: Look forward to seeing you on Zoom. See link below :slightly_smiling_face:

Dyma’r linc…
Here’s the link…

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/6305527359![image|341x499](upload://ucMpVt1nwHKBXiFSWl7iVgcKBW5.jpeg)

1 Like

Look forward to seeing you at our first face to face meet up since Lockdown 2020!! :grin:

1 Like