Manchester Meet Ups

Hi Malcolm. That’s great! You’d be very welcome to join us. I also missed yesterday as my hubby has covid and I’m full of a cold. If you look back on this thread you’ll find details about our Zoom sessions too including the link to join. We meet on Zoom on the 1st Saturday of each month and face to face in Manchester on the 3rd Saturday. Hope to see you at one of them soon. :grinning:

Great thank you I look forward to that. Hope you both get better soon. That bloomin’ covid really hasn’t gone away yet… M Pasg Hapus

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr Malcolm. Pasg Hapus i ti hefyd :grin:

Just a reminder that our next face to face meet up will be next Saturday 21st May 2022. See details further back in this thread. All welcome! Looking forward to seeing you there.:grinning:

1 Like

Hoping to join you for that look forward to meet. Thanks Malcolm

1 Like

Great Malcolm. Look forward to meeting you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello Jean good to meet you on Saturday I enjoyed attempting to speak some Welsh with real people and learning some new words. Hope to get back in August.

1 Like

Great to meet you Malcolm and glad you found it helpful. It was the largest group we’ve had for a while! Look forward to seeing you again soon and good luck ordering your cwrw in Caernarfon!
:smiley:

1 Like

Our last face to face meeting in the gallery café was brilliant. It was one of the largest groups we’ve had for a while with 16 of us - our table almost spread across the width of the café! Great to see old and new faces as always.

Our next meet up is the Zoom one. Details below…

Saturday 4th June 2022, 10.30am :slight_smile:
Here’s the link:

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/6305527359…

Meeting ID: 630 552 7359

Passcode: NVVG2T

2 Likes

Next face to face meet up is this next Saturday 18th June - same time and place - see further back on this thread for details! Look forward to seeing you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Jean,
Are you still holding the face to face meet ups? I am away for a couple of weeks, but would love to come along in September.

1 Like

Hi Paul
Yes we still meet on the 3rd Saturday of each month in the Art Gallery Café at 10.30.am
Be great to see you when you can make it.
:grin:

Hi Jean,

Amazing, I will definitely try and pop down, I really need to practice my Welsh and grow my confidence. Diolch, Paul

2 Likes

Hi there,

Is this meetup still happening? I’ve just moved to the area and would love to engage with other learners :slight_smile:

Stuart

1 Like

It certainly is Stuart. Always 1st Saturday of each month over Zoom then 3rd Saturday of every month in the art gallery café. 10.30 start time for both but people often arrive at 10 in the café.
We have a Facebook page which I update regularly.

Be great to see you there.
:grin::wales:😁

Fantastic news!
Is it the third Saturday of the month this Saturday??

Thanks so much for the warm invite :slight_smile:
Stuart

1 Like

Yes it is Stuart, so not long to wait. :grin:

Hey guys. Following up on the recent conversation on here as I really need to try and find a way to start speaking Welsh on a regular basis. I am Rotherham based but if you are doing a session on Zoom on the first Saturday of the month, it wouldn’t matter where I was based, right? And if I get into it a little bit, I’m not averse to coming across to Manchester for meet ups. I’m over there often enough anyway.

How does the group work though if you’ve been meeting for a while? Somewhat fearful that the general conversation might be beyond my level!

1 Like

Hi, of course you’d be more than welcome to join any of our groups. We have ben going for some time as you say, but the group has changed over the years. Each month at either meeting, numbers vary and new faces spring up. It has always been an informal chat group with no agenda and there is almost always a mix of levels of Welsh spoken. We are always also happy to speak in English about learning Welsh for any total newbies.

Look forward to meeting you soon. We have a Facebook page too if you’re interested - Dysgwyr Cymraeg ym Manceinion. I’m much better at putting reminders on there than on here I’m afraid :slight_smile: If you look back on this thread you should see all the details you need. The Zoom link is still the same too. 1st Saturday in the month on Zoom, 3rd Saturday face to face and always 10.30 onwards although many of us fall into the gallery café as it opens at 10! :slight_smile: