Manon Steffan Ros in Saith Seren, Wrexham

Come along to Saith Seren on the 10th April for a chance to hear Manon talk about her career as a writer and to sing a few songs. Manon has become one of most popular writers of Welsh language books which include many titles aimed at learners/younger people. Manon has also won numerous well deserved awards along the way. She also has a blinking amazing singing voice thrown in for good measure. It’s almost annoying how utterly talented this lady is. :slight_smile:

Please come along to support Manon and Saith Seren, we need both to be here for a long time to come.

5 Likes

A bit far from Barry, even for the greatest fanclub. Mwynhewch!

Sorry, second greatest.

Diolch. :blush:

1 Like

Well we do actually have endorsement to the claim now… :grinning:
Say hello from us if you get the chance!

3 Likes

I do hope this gets picked up be S4C and ends up on Dal Ati!!
@siaronjames - anyone you can tell???

I can’t promise anything (Dal Ati is another company’s production) but I’ll try and spread the word!

2 Likes

thanks for this news , I will be on holiday in Bala area so I hope to come along. I read her book ‘Blasu’ some time ago and have seen her sing on stage with her dad in Caernarfon. Really talented lady.

2 Likes

BUMP

Shamelessly bumping this thread, it deserves a good turn out.

Two weeks on Monday remember.

2 Likes

@gruntius please report as much as you can, with pictures!! If the TV folk aren’t there, maybe you or A.N.Other could video it and post it on this thread? (Asking permission for the latter!).

2 Likes

Diolch @gruntius I had a voucher to spend on books and couldn’t think of what to buy. Ta da! Loads of Manon’s books

3 Likes

Well i will definitely be there. Mondays have been a tad tricky of late but after this week i’m free again.

But fret not i now know lots of useful welsh words like
Llif gadwyn
Llofruddio
Angladd
Drwgdybio
Stelciwr
Llys coron
Ar brawf
All of which should liven up the conversation.

2 Likes

You really can’t go wrong with any of her books (you won’t be disappointed with Bethan Gwanas either). I have my favourites but they are all good.

4 Likes

I’ve read quite a few of Bethan Gwenas’s - great books!

3 Likes

Please @Pete2 can you put translations for your word list? I get chain flow for the first and what does that mean?

1 Like

@henddraig

Llif gadwyn is a chainsaw
Llofruddio is to murder
Angladd is a funeral
Drwgdybio is to suspect
Stelciwr is a stalker
Llys coron is a crown court
Ar brawf I don’t know but arbrawf is an experiment.

All very cheery stuff. :blush:

5 Likes

Ar brawf … on trial/probation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wish I could get there. Not possible I’m afraid.

Edit: Just noticed that Manon Steffan Ros will be appearing in this discussion about children’s books this coming Thursday:

1 Like

Thanks Pete, I suppose that’s obvious now I see it, especially with the running theme. :wink:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr @gruntius! I knew the crown court from seeing it on the outside of the one in Abertawe!! I remembered chain saw after posting my plea! Thanks @Pete2 for probation, if you see what I mean!! Lovely cheerful subjects Manon is writing about!

1 Like

No not manon. Just words i’ve come across lately.