Maryland/DC

It’s fairly difficult to use the forum through the iOS app, no? I hope that I have succeeded in erasing my previous post, which I unintentionally posted, incomplete, while trying to make simple edits. Regardless, my name is Mike, and I live in the DC area. I have completed the Duolingo Welsh course, and I have worked through lesson 21 of level one in the SSiW South course. I would like opportunities to practice with other speakers! I suppose that I can’t be too picky in regards to location, but it would be amazing if there is a fel_low learner here from Montgomery County, Maryland.

I believe that there’s a DC Welsh Society. @tahl will probably be able to help.

1 Like

Indeed yes! We have an active Welsh Society and a monthly Welsh conversation group here in DC. Many members, like me, have learned or are learning with SSIW. :slight_smile: It’s a friendly, fun bunch, at ALL levels. We usually get 5-6 people a month, though have occasionally had a dozen or more.

The group meets at Teaism Penn Quarter in downtown DC, 10:30-noon of the first Saturday of every month, with occasional exceptions. Teaism is about a hundred yards from the Archives-Navy Memorial metro station (yellow & green lines), and 3 blocks from the Gallery Place metro station (red, yellow, & green lines). There’s some street parking, and plenty of pay garage parking.

Here’s the thread, which I keep updated (will update to put the next gathering – Sat 2 Dec 2017 – on it soon):
Thread for monthly Washington DC Welsh Conversation Group

Also, if you’d like to send me a private message with your email address, I’ll put you on the email list for the group.

1 Like