Meet up in Bristol

Great! I’ll see you there

2 Likes

Helo pawb, I Would love to join a Welsh meetup. Really miss speaking yr hen iaith. Is there a whastspp/fb group I can join to keep updated?
Diolch :slight_smile:

Hi madisonxolatazu
I wouldn’t know about whatsapp or facebook because I’m not on either. Try asking on a busier part of the forum.
There’s a slightly-north-of-Bristol group, Cornel Y Siaradwyr Thornbury.
Regards,
Paul

Edit: And please consider coming along to our meetups; it’s in danger of fizzling out.
Second Tuesday of the month 7:30pm.

After last month’s successful meetup, is anyone interested in a meet-up to practise speaking Welsh on Tuesday 14th June at 7:30pm at the Beaufort Arms, Stoke Gifford? It’s near Bristol Parkway Station. Bus stops for routes 73, M1 and Y6 are nearby and it has a car park.
Alternative suggestions are welcome.

1 Like

Since no-one has said that they’re attending, then I’m not going either.
Any suggestions for a different venue and time would be welcome.
The current default is 7:30pm Tuesday 12th July, at the Beaufort Arms, Near Bristol Parkway. (details above).
As the numbers are very low at the moment, please say on the forum if you’re going to be there.

1 Like

I can do the 12 July so please put my name down to attend.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Meet up in Bristol:

I would like to meet and chat. I am just finishing Mynediad De and keep promising myself to try more SSiW

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Colin in Nailsea and I’d very much like to join in. Can’t be there 12 July but hopefully next meeting after that. Diolch yn fawr

1 Like

Just checking that the meet up at the Beaufort Arms is still on for tonight. I would like to bring a friend who is also learning welsh.

1 Like

Yes, it’s still on.
I’ll aim to get there a few minutes early and put a Welsh looking book on the table to help us all find each other.

PS I’ve completed the Duolingo course but now need some actual conversation.

1 Like

After last month’s successful meetup, is anyone interested in a meet-up to practise speaking Welsh on Tuesday 9th August at 7:30pm at the Beaufort Arms, Stoke Gifford (Near Bristol Parkway, details above).
As the numbers are very low at the moment, please say on the forum if you’re going to be there.

1 Like

I can make it, so hopefully see you there.

1 Like

After last month’s successful meetup, is anyone interested in a meet-up to practise speaking Welsh on Wednesday 14th September at 7:30pm at the Beaufort Arms, Stoke Gifford (Near Bristol Parkway, details above).
As the numbers are very low at the moment, please say on the forum if you’re going to be there .

Yes, I’ll be there, I hope others can make it this time as it is a great chance to practice

1 Like

Hi Paul, I’d like to join.

Hi Beth, please do come along.
To help you find us, I’ll put a Welsh book on the table.

Is this going ahead tonight? I’ll be there if it is

I will be going

1 Like

Yes it is. See you all there.