Meet up in North Wales

Hi pawb. I started doing the SSiW course at the beginning of the year and to be honest have shied away when it comes to verbal interaction. I think its purely out of embarressment.
I am at the stage now where my progression means i have to swap sentences with someone.
So, i thought why not kill 2 birds with one stone. Learn and meet new friends. I live in Nefyn, North Wales. So if there is anyone interested please let me know. Diolch

Shwmae Stephen

I’ve been learning for with SSIW for around 9 months. I to have not engaged in conversation with anyone in Welsh and I need to begin. However I live in Scotland so was you thinking about meeting up in person or conversing via conference call? If you’re thinking of conference call, then how about one evening a week?

Hawl

Paul

1 Like

It sounds like you’re ideally looking for a longer-term conversation partner, but I’ll be in the Pen Llŷn area next week if you’re still looking for someone to talk to. Happy to help – especially if it involves going anywhere near Yr Heliwr or the Tŷ Coch (it’s good to support local businesses…) :wink:

1 Like

Stephen,

My wife and I are looking to move to the Dyffryn Nantlle area later in the year. Arlunydd dw i, mae gen i ffrindiau yn penllyn ar hyn o bryd :slight_smile: Would be happy to chat when get moved, am on the second level of the main courses.

Cofion

Ian

1 Like

Hi there. Before covid there were weekly “panad a sgwrs” sessions on the Llŷn (usually in Trefor, Nefyn, Pwllheli or Porthmadog), but they are being held online at the moment. The Facebook group is Dysgwyr Dwyfor or email Martyn Croydon, m.croydon@bangor.ac.uk.

During the summer there were “cerdded a sgwrs” sessions around the Llŷn but these have now moved to the Arfon area. The information for these is Ifan Llewelyn-Jones, hunaniaith@gwynedd.llyw.cymru.

3 Likes

Hi,
That sounds great. Are you a Nefyn local?
If you have the patience, im certainly looking for a training buddy.
Steve

Hi Ian,
Absolutely, please stay in touch.
Pob lwc gyda’r symud.
Steve

I’m afraid you’ve missed me; I was only there last week! I would echo what @taffbach-wisteria53 has said though – Martin Croydon would be a good person to contact, and the guided walks that Hunaniaith arrange are nice opportunities to meet other learners too.

Ahhh, shame. Nevermind. Another day maybe. Thanks for getting in touch.