Meet ups to practice siarad cymraeg

Hello, I haven’t been to the website since it became the new one (a while ago!)…on the old one there was a list of details of social meet ups for those learning cymraeg to practice, does such a list still exist? And if so, lle mae list, os gwelwych yn dda?

2 Likes

A list is usually sent out on on the weekly e-mail Ruth, but the person who produces that is on holiday at the moment, I think. In the meantime, here is a link to the old forum [http://old.saysomethingin.com/welsh/] and here is a list from the e-mail:

Weekly Meetups

Abertawe - Weds nights, 8:00 to 9:30, Bay View, Oystermouth Rd, SA1 3UL AND Sun nights, from 7pm, Brunswick Arms, Duke St (Contact Owain (Lurch))

Aberystwyth - Postponed until further notice, Y Siop Leol, Pier St, Aberystwyth (contact HelenLindsey) (CYD Clwb C Chat group, Thurs, 11:00 to 12:00, Home Café, Pier St, Aberystwyth happy for SSiWers to join them)

Y Barri - FORTNIGHTLY, 1st/3rd Thurs, 2 to 4pm, The Hub, Gladstone Rd, Barry (Contact Arianrhod)

Caerdydd - Mon nights, 7pm, Mochyn Du, Sophia Close, Pontcanna (Contact Alison)

Dinbych-y-Pysgod - Weds 11am, Bay Tree Café, Tudor Square (Contact William Beynon)

Dolgellau - Weds, 7.30pm, Tyn y Groes Hotel, Ganllwyd (Contact karengo)

Hwlffordd - Weds 7pm to 9pm, Pembroke Yeoman, 11 Hill St (Contact Matthew Rempes)

Hwlffordd - Thurs 9pm to 11pm, CYD group, Pembroke Yeoman, 11 Hill St (Contact Matthew Rempes)

Llandysul - Cancelled until further notice, ICC, Llandysul Primary School (ContactIestyn)

Pontypridd - Mon nights, 7pm to 9pm, Clwb y Bont, Taff St, Pontypridd (Contact Jon Thomas (cwmgoch))

Pwllheli - Sat, 10.30am to 12, Ffordd Caerdydd, Pwllheli (Contact Daimorgan)

Talysarn - Weds, 7pm, The Halfway (Contact Mitzi45)

Torfaen - Tues, 6.30 to 9pm, Three Blackbirds, Llantarnam, Cwmbrân (Contact JI)

Ystradgynlais - FORTNIGHTLY, 2nd & 4th Thurs nights, 8pm to 9pm, Jeffreys Arms, Brecon Rd, Ystradgynlais, SA9 1QL (Contact timbo67)

Monthly Meetups

Brussels, Belgium - Saturday (random), Le Circle du Voyageurs, Rue des Grandes Carmes, 1000 Brussels (contact Martin_in_Belgium for exact time and date)

Caerdydd - 3rd Sat of the month, 10.30 to 12.00, Coffee #1, Wood St, near Cardiff Central train station (contact Alison)

Caerfyrddin - FORTNIGHTLY (next one - 4 July), Thurs nights, 7-9, the Glyndwr Pub, Queen St (contact Margaretnock)

Casnewydd - 2nd Sat of the month, 10.30 to 12.00, Coffee #1, 47 Commercial St, NP20 1LP (contact David Friswell)

Cas-Gwent - 4th Sat of the month, 10.30, The Lime Tree, Chepstow (contact Dave Rogers)

Coventry - TWICE MONTHLY, 10am, 1st & 3rd Thursday, upstairs above the café, front of the Earlsdon Methodist Church, Coventry, CV5 6NF (contact Peter Lockyer)

Dorridge - 2nd Weds of the month, 7.30pm, The Forest Hotel, Dorridge (Contact Stu Bonham)

East Shropshire/West Midlands - Sat 26 July, 10.00am, Dobbies Garden Centre, Gailey, Staffs (Contact DafyddyFelin)

Exeter - FORTNIGHTLY, Mon nights, 7.30pm, The Phoenix Café Bar, Gandy St, Exeter (Contact Sandra Laslett to check on the week)

Gloucester - 2nd Tues of the month, 8pm, England’s Glory Pub, London Rd, Gloucester (Contact Nicholas Gilbert)

Kent - Sat 5 July, 1pm, The Coopers Arms, St Margaret’s St, Rochester (Contact Gavin (faithless78))

Manchester (Manceinion) - 3rd Sat of the month, 10.30am, Manchester Art Gallery Café, Mosely St, M2 3JL (Contact Jean Brandwood)

Milton Keynes - last Thurs of the month, 6pm to 7.30, Ye Olde Swan, Newport Rd, Woughton-on-the-Green, MK6 3BS (Contact Susan Roberts-Clarke or Jan Jones)

Milton Keynes - 3rd Fri of the month, 10.30 to 12, Rectory Cottages, Bletchley (Contact Sian)

Norfolk - tba, 7.30 - 9.30pm, The Bull pub, High St, East Dereham, Norfolk (Contact Maynard)

Oswestry - 3rd Tues of the month, 7pm, The Cross Guns Pub, Pant, Oswestry (ContactSonja)

Oxford - 1st Tues of the month, 5.30pm, Far from the Madding Crowd, Oxford (Contact Jenny List)

Penybont - 1st Sat of the month, 10.30am, Thomas Shop, Penybont, Radnorshire (Contact Rob Bruce)

Penybont-ar-Ogwr(Bridgend) - 2nd Sat of the month, 10.00, Aroma Coffee Shop, Dunraven Place, Bridgend (contact wondersheep (Kev))

Solihull - 4th Sat of the month, 10am, Assembly Rooms (Wetherspoons Bar opposite the HSBC Bank)(Contact Stu Bonham)

Suffolk - Times and venues vary (Contact Honddu for latest information)

Sussex/Hants/Surrey (CACEN group), 12.30pm to 3.00 pm, tba (Contact markwatkinprice for exact location and more information)

Washington D.C. - 1st Sat of the month, 10.30am to noon, Teaism at Penn Quarter, 400 8th St NW, Washington DC, 20004 (Contact Diane Owen)

Yorkshire - 4th Sat of the month, 12 noon, upstairs, Brewery Taps Pub, opposite Leeds station (Contact Gumboot)

Virtual (Internet) Meet ups

Virtual Meetup USA - using Google+, twice monthly (1st and 3rd Weds), at 9pm U.S Eastern Standard Time Zone / 2am West European Time. (Contact Lynn B. E. Jencks to find out more)

Virtual Meetup Intercontinental - using Google+, twice monthly (2nd and 4th Sat), at 8am U.S Mountain Time / 9am US Central Time / 10am US Eastern Time / 3pm West European Time/ 4pm Central European Time (Contact Lynn B. E. Jencks to find out more)

Virtual Meetup Australia - using Google+, first Thursday of the month, 8:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) (Contact Elizabeth Jane Corbett through the forum for more information)

Hwyl,

Stu

Diolch Stu, just what I was looking for!

Hi Ruth!

Have you signed up to receive the weekly email? The list comes at the end of it and I try and keep it updated with the latest information. You can do that here:
https://www.saysomethingin.com/welsh/info/faq#HowcanIgetaccesstotheSSIWweeklyemail

3 Likes

*The weekly meet-up at Talysarn is now at The Ex-Servicemen’s Club in Penygroes. LL54 6RN - just in case someone wants to know about that one :slight_smile: It has been officially amended on the new list.
Diolch
Nora

2 Likes

Is this the one that says “Clwb Bach” in the weekly email? Has it changed venue?

Ex-Servicemen’s Club is its official name, but known by that as well as “Clwb Bach” locally!
Diolch @Deborah-SSi

2 Likes

Can anyone tell me if there are any meet ups in Llundain? Or would anyone like to practice gyda fi?
Thank you,
Charlotte

1 Like

There are lots who practice on skype. More than happy to do so too. Search the forum for skype and you’ll find loads.

1 Like

There are weekly meetups, Y Cylch Siarad, at the London Welsh Centre at 7.30 (I think) on Thursday evenings after the lessons:
http://www.londonwelsh.org/learn-welsh/y-cylch-siarad/.
Any level of learners can go and you can go along even if you don’t go to the lessons.
Hwyl, John
PS I work part-time in London nr Paddington and would be happy to meetup to practice if that would fit in with you

2 Likes

Thank you Peter, will do!

1 Like

Thank you John, it’s a shame I can’t make those London Welsh centre meetings as I work evenings- but thank you for the information!

1 Like

Shwmae Charlotte!
If I saw this earlier I would’ve got in touch sooner! I noticed you live in Lee, London. My mum lives in Lee also and I’m here now - have been since yesterday! Only thing is I’m heading back home to Cardiff tomorrow morning so it would be a bit late for a meet up and a chat in Cymraeg now I should imagine.
Perhaps next time I’m down this way we could meet for sgwrs Cymraeg dros goffi??
Hope you’re enjoying the SSiWelsh course
Gav

1 Like

Darn it! Yes of course! Let me know when you’re around again and we can organise that- I’m loving the course thank you, I’m on the last lesson of level 1 after three weeks of hard work. I hope you’re enjoying!

3 Likes

Completed the (old) course a couple of years ago I did! Just waiting on Challenge 25 of Level 2 to be published now so I can complete the course guide! Glad to hear you’re loving the course. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, that’s a coincidence… guess what I’m about to do…:wink:

2 Likes

Ardderchog! I will have a listen to that when I get home from work! :smiley:

1 Like

Shwmae @Charlottevaughan
If you still want to meet for sgwrs Cymraeg, I’ll be around your area until Friday 6th. Just let me know by PM if you’re free.

And I f anyone else around SE London or Kent would also like to meet for sgwrs Cymraeg this week, let me know and I’ll try to fit a couple of hours in!

Gav :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Gav, is there a time tomorrow that works for you? I leave for work around 4 but am free until then!
Charlotte

Tomorrow is perfect! I’m at my mums this week who lives in Lee so any time after 10 will be good for me :slight_smile: