Meet ups to practice siarad cymraeg

Brilliant- Is there anywhere in Lee that you know of where we could meet? Or should we meet in Lewisham?

Itā€™s been years since I lived by here. And Lewisham looks different (again!!), so Iā€™m not sure where the good coffee shops are anymore. I always loved Blackheath village but again donā€™t know which shops still exist! I can remember pubs like the Northbrook and the Old Tigerā€™s Head, but many of these have closed since!
Iā€™m sure there will be a Costa in one of these places though - I can look online for one. Lewisham will be good for me if itā€™s more convenient for you though?

Iā€™ve found a Costa Coffee in Blackheath Village, and in Lewisham Shopping Centre.

ā€¦Iā€™m only assuming you like coffee mind!!
Unless you know of somewhere suitable for a chat??

Yes thereā€™s a costa in Lewisham shopping centre if thatā€™s good for you? Can we say 3pm?
Edrych ymlaen!

2 Likes

3pm sounds great to me!

Edrych ymlaen cwrdd i ti fyd! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My group is having a kick start for 2017 and has sorted out dates for the first half of the year.

East Shropshire/BlackCountry/Staffordshire - First Sat, every other month. (4th Feb, 1st April, 3rd June), 10:30am. Dobbies Garden Centre, Gailey, ST19 5PP, just off the A5/M6/M54 (Contact gerwynjones)

Contact if you want to know more.

Thanks, Gerwyn

3 Likes

@gerwynjones I hope the meetups have been successful so far. Are you still having the meetup on the 3rd June?

2 Likes

They are going ok. We have about 6-8 in the group currently.
Juneā€™'s date has changed.
As discussed at the last meet up, we are doing the 17th rather than the 3rd, to fit with the diaries of those who were there.
Does that help. Are you interested in what the group are doing, or will be doing, or do you wanting to attend?
Diolch,
Gerwyn

1 Like

Hi Gerwyn,
I just wanted to make sure I had the date right in the weekly newsletter. I had the 3rd June as your next meetup so I wanted to be sure. Have you got any dates planned for after that?
Diolch, Dee

1 Like

Yes. Thank you. We had to move the 3rd to the 17th, to fit with group members, as first saturday in the month is inconvenient for some. We have not planned the dates after June yet - will agree at the next meeting.
Diolch, Gerwyn

1 Like

We had a good Welsh Chat at the meet up yesterday, each of us had a prepared paragraph about something to do with us. What also helped was having a fluent welsh speaker with us.

We agreed next meet up will be on Saturday 22nd July, (1030am at Dobbies Penkridge), where we will have a written paragraph each, about holidays (e.g. one coming up, one in the past, one would like to do, etc) to talk around and form the basis of discussion.

The one after will miss August (due to holidays) and be mid September.

Thanks, Gerwyn

1 Like

Helo @gerwynjones!

Do you have a date for the next meetup yet? Let me know so I can put it in the weekly newsletter.

Diolch,
Dee

1 Like