Monday Monthly meetings at the Mochyn Du

Hi folks. I’m new to the SSIW world, but getting very excited about it! My Welsh wasn’t bad as a teenager, but is now almost non-existent, and I’m hoping to change that. I love the idea of meeting up at Y Mochyn Du, but will all conversation be in Welsh? As a beginner (for all intents and purposes), this worries me slightly! Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Chloe. No, the Mochyn Du meetups don’t run on bootcamp rules. Lots of Welsh, and the point isn’t to go and chat in English all night, but English isn’t verboten like bootcamps.

1 Like

Shwmae a diolch! Dydd Llun 4ydd, Y Mochyn Du. Amser?

Usually around 7pm, and people typically dissipate by about 9. Slightly concerned with how busy it’s going to be this Monday, but I’m intending to be there.

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing tales of the two April bootcamps, amongst other things, tomorrow night! Hopefully Mrs Wondersheep (Cath) will be able to come too. Welcome to anyone who wants to join us Monday, 4th May, at 7 pm.

3 Likes

S’mae Ali! My brother David and I are on the June bootcamp, and plan to spend the first week of July in the Cardiff area. I was thrilled to learn that the Mochyn Du has a meetup the first Monday of the month. We will be flying out of Cardiff the next day (July 7) to Dublin, on the way home to Toronto. So a meetup on July 6 will be the perfect way to finish up our adventure.

1 Like

Hopefully some of our regulars will be able to be there as Phil and I will be away. I will check with some of them and let you know nearer July. Should there be no-one available, the Mochyn Du is a good place anyway as all the staff speak Welsh, and you can order food from the Welsh menu as well as your drinks.

Can’t guarantee it at this point, but it’s likely I’ll be going.

I have no plans to be away in July, so as long as I remember nearer the time I should be there.

I want to hear more from Kev, anyway - the difference in his speaking confidence is anhygoel!

1 Like

As long as I’m not at work, I should be there too!

1 Like

Are you now living in the Cardiff area?

I’m moving over today and tomorrow, so from tomorrow I will be living in Barry and working in Cardiff from Monday :smiley:

2 Likes

1ain Mehefin? Dw i’n meddwl bydda i’n gallu mynd

1 Like

Gareth and I will be in Cardiff this weekend. I know it’s not a monthly meet-up weekend, but is anyone around for a coffee? (I miss coffee #1 :grinning:)

1 Like

Sorry that Phil and I won’t be there as we are off to spend the weekend with our son. Hopefully there will be someone to meet up with you, but if not, just enjoy yourselves! I wish it was possible for us to rearrange our visit, but our son is off abroad early on the Sunday.

No problem Alison. Have a lovely time with your son. Hopefully we can catch up at the Eisteddfod. :slight_smile:

Bit off topic but does anything go on at Mochyn Du on wednesdays? I’ll be passing through in a couple of weeks.

Sorry, I’ve been really rubbish at replying. If you’re still planning on being coffeeable tomorrow, shout and we’ll see if we can come in.

1 Like

Are folks there tomorrow night?

I will be and possibly Phil. Depends whether it’ s a suitable time for him to take a break from marking.