Monday Monthly meetings at the Mochyn Du

I am staying with friends in Cardiff for a couple of days. They are dropping me off tomorrow night at the Mochyn Du at 7. Is there any chance someone could give me a lift home? They live on Tatum Rd in Llanishen.

Joan! Are you going to be in the Steddfod at all? :sunny:

No, sniffā€¦I am staying with friends in Cardiff. They donā€™t speak Welsh and donā€™t have the desire to go there :frowning: I fly back to NY Wedā€¦ Just didnā€™t work out this yearā€¦I am thinking about arranging my vacation next year so that I can attend both party and Eisteddfod. Keeping my fingers crossed for next year!

I really want to come tonight, but there are Jobs To Be Done in the house after work (they have to be done tonight in preparation for workmen who will arrive at 8am tomorrow). So Iā€™m going to do my best to get there (perhaps a bit late?), but Iā€™m proffering apologies in advance in case it doesnā€™t happen.

1 Like

Lastimaā€¦ pero si, el aƱo que vieneā€¦ :sunny:

O en Monte Carlo antesā€¦:wink:

What, from Cardiff for an evening only? That really would be above and beyond the call of duty!

2 Likes

Just on my way home from a quick meet up (for me certainly) at Y Mochyn Du. Was lovely to meet @joanalciati this evening after her week at Bootcamp, and I hope she enjoys the rest of her time in Cymru before flying back to New York on Wednesday. And even better that @sarapeacock did actually make it along this evening too! :smiley:

3 Likes

On our way home, Angharad said to me ā€œI really love coming along to your learners groups - itā€™s so brilliant that all of these people are learning Welsh, and from all over the world.ā€

Lovely to meet you, Joan - so sorry we missed most of the meeting because of furniture-moving.

4 Likes

I like Angharad coming along - she at least gives the impression of being happy being among learners and not correcting us (ok, me mostly). Iā€™ve spoken to Welsh speakers much less considerate than her - sheā€™s always welcome as far as Iā€™m concerned (although I do feel bad about butchering her poor language in front of her)!

Nice to see/meet everyone - I was tired and considered not turning up, but left with more energy than I arrived with, which was jolly nice.

6 Likes

I enjoyed it too, thanks everyone. Sorry I had to leave a little earlier and missed people - silly buses, must find a car!

3 Likes

Did I miss you, Jenny? Oh, what a shame! I wonā€™t be there in September, but Iā€™ll hope to see you in October. (We donā€™t have a car either, by the way.)

2 Likes

It was lovely to meet you all, and thank you so much for the lift back to "Mr and Mrs ā€œWondersheepā€ :grinning: I was sorry the evening had to end so early, but as I am staying with friends here, I didnā€™t want to keep them up waiting for me. I hope to see you all again next yearā€¦already thinking about returning to Wales and I havenā€™t even left yet!

5 Likes

Not having a car is no excuse for you going to the Mochyn Du! You are virtually within spitting distance! - well, maybe two spits!!

Having fun in the rain at the Eisteddfod. Not seen too many SSIW members that I recognise yet, but that will all change tomorrow evening at THE PARTI!!

1 Like

Usually Iā€™m looking for excuses to go to the Mochyn Du, Ali! :wink: (Really just wanted to show solidarity with Jenny in the carless club.)

Glad to hear youā€™re having fun even though itā€™s raining - looking forward to hearing about it. (Wonā€™t be there in September, though, as I have to go to a conference.)

Wonā€™t be there in September either - will be in Spain!!

For anyone looking to attend the meet at Y Mochyn Du on September 7th, but worried that nobody will be there, I will be going! I am looking to be there from 7:00pm onwards, but Iā€™m still waiting to find out what shift I have at work (should be an early though!).

1 Like

Just bumping this! I will be at Y Mochyn Du from 7pm until 9pm. If anyone would like to come along for sgwrs Cymraeg this evening they will be more than welcome! :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m coming. May be a little late depending on whether my wee girl goes to sleep or not

2 Likes

Helo pawb,
Are we meeting tonight? It feels like a while since the last one
Diolch

Itā€™s still on as far as Iā€™m aware.

2 Likes

Yes, and I am able to go at last! However, I have to come on the bus and will arrive a little bit late - depending on the bus being punctual and me having to walk the last half mile. Phil will join us just after 8.

1 Like