Monday Monthly meetings at the Mochyn Du

Any news on this happening in November?

This should still be happening in November, on Monday 2nd, and the first Monday of every month thereafter.
Hopefully, I should also be there too!

2 Likes

In October we discussed a christmas meal in Dec and maybe booking that in Novā€¦

1 Like

Yes, I will be there on 2nd November and taking orders for Christmas meals on the night of Monday, 7th December. The Christmas menu is available online for you to see and costs Ā£18.95, of which Ā£10 is required as a deposit when you place your order. There are 3 or 4 choices for each of 3 courses. Anyone is welcome, not just the regulars. Anyone not able to make the November meet up but who would like to come, please PM me - preferably before 2nd November.

1 Like

Will that meal be at the Mochyn Du, @ali? Do you want to put a link to the menu here?

1 Like

Yes, it is in the Mochyn Du and it is their Christmas Menu. I have no idea how to put up a link, so please can you do that Dee? Many thanks. Are you able to come?

1 Like

http://www.ymochyndu.com/img/christmas-menu.pdf is the menu.
Did we determine whether fussy eaters could eat off the normal menu in the end?

Just beat me to it Kev!

@ali Iā€™m thinking that it looks possible. Iā€™ll contact you :smile:

I canā€™t make the dinner, Iā€™m afraid. Iā€™ve just checked (cos Ali reminded me), and I have to be at a rehearsal for a concert the next day (Messiah in St Davidā€™s Hall, if anyone fancies it!)

Iā€™m going to be there tonight, though. I donā€™t know for how long - depends on how my poorly dog is doing :frowning:

Oh, very sorry indeed to hear that - would now be a good time to steal him? Weā€™ve been planning to for agesā€¦

I know a certain little black terrier who probably wouldnā€™t be very happy about thatā€¦ :wink:

I donā€™t think heā€™s proper poorly - I suspect heā€™s eaten something he shouldnā€™t (heā€™s terrible for picking stuff up when weā€™re out). But I just want to keep an eye on him.

1 Like

Sorry, I was intending to come tonight but Iā€™m not going to make it.

Ali - I can send over menu choices for Cath in a PM if you like, and if you give me account details I can transfer over a deposit. Do we know if Iā€™m able to do the normal menu?

So it turns out that I am keeper of the list, by dint of living round the corner from the MD. They said it was fine for you to choose off the normal menu so long as you do it in advance. Could you PM me so that we can set it out? Ta.

And if anyone else thinks they would like to come, even if theyā€™re not Cardiff regulars, thereā€™s still time - PM me.

Hi Sara,
Did you get my menu choices from Alison? I messaged them through to her. Looking forward to catching up with everyone!
Dee

Diolch Sara for keeping it
Dee - you are on the list
Look forward to seeing everyone next month!

1 Like

No problem. Just waiting to hear from Gav if his work schedules are favourable. Iā€™ll send him a PM.

I donā€™t think (although Iā€™m lazy so only scanread) that weā€™ve said the time in the thread. 7PM?

1 Like

Think (hope) so

Pnawn da pawb ~ Gobeithio gaethoch chi i gyd nadolig llawen iawn!

My nameā€™s Jec, Iā€™m moving to Cardiff on the 1st of January and am happy to see there is an SSIW group running here - will there be a meetup in January at all?

Diolch! x

1 Like

Shwmae Jec, a chroeso gynnar i Gaerdydd!
The meetings at Y Mochyn Du usually happen on the 1st Monday evening of each month from 7pm onwards.
However, we are meeting up this Wednesday evening as well, since we have a special guest all the way from Australia joining us for the evening, so at the moment Iā€™m not too sure what will be happening in January.
If you keep track of this thread though, someone should be available to confirm if there will be a January meet and when.

Look forward to meeting you soon.
Gav

2 Likes