New Book - O, Mam Bach (with a story by Catrin!)

Diolch, diolch, diolch pawb for being so generous! :grin::grin::grin:

Siop y Pethe are now selling it here’s the link - http://www.siopypethe.cymru/sioponline/o-mam-bach.html

And also Llen Llŷn in Pwllheli - https://llenllyn.com/dangos.php?rhif=8947

1 Like

When I went to the Palas Print bookshop in Caernarfon, there were five copies right by the register :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just thought I’d share this little event! :smile:

O mamm Bach Palas diweddaraf.pdf (54.6 KB)

6 Likes

Taking the chance to promote another O Mam Bach launch event. This time in Tywyn, in the wonderful company of Manon Steffan Ros and suitable for Welsh learners/new Welsh speakers.

7 Likes

Guess what’s on radio cymru right now!!!

But not now!

I’m looking at the RC schedule on the website around the time you presumably posted that, but can’t see anything likely.

Do you know the name of the programme, or can you confirm what time of day you were talking about?

(If it was around 5.30 pm, it could either have been the Nia Roberts programme or Dei Thomas, but what’s mentioned in the schedule doesn’t seem relevant on the face of it)

Sorry i’m not sure.

It was Dei Tomos’ Sunday evening programme. I missed it myself as I was visiting my parents, but will catch up later. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Think it’s this one:

However, it’s a long programme (~90m) with apparently several different themes and I’m not sure which is the relevant part. (But might be in the latter third since the programme seems to cover 3 main themes).

Mae Vivian Parry Williams yn rhannu hanes Elis o’r Nant, ac mae 'na drafodaeth ar gyfrol o straeon am famau.

Catrin’s name was mentioned in the into, but I’ve only listened to a small bit of the programme so far on iplayer, so not sure when the relevant part(s) appear(s).

Edit: Found it. The relevant part of the programme starts at around 1h 7m in, and Catrin starts talking a bit after 1h 10m. tagging: @Pete2 and @henddraig

3 Likes

Thanks! Yes, just listened to it and it’s exactly about 1.07 in to the programme. Marred (the editor) and myself discuss the book with Dei Tomos and both of us read different extracts. Hope you enjoy!!!

2 Likes

I’m shamelessly plugging this little gem of a book once more, seeing as Sul y Mamau/Mothering Sunday/Mother’s Day in the UK is just around the corner on the 11th of March.

This book is a volume of short stories, essays and micro literature by various authors, celebrating mothers and motherhood. It contains my first attempt at professional writing. It is written for mothers by mothers and published by Gwasg y Bwthyn, Caernarfon.

It has been described as touching, heartwarming, uplifting and funny. It wasn’t written for learners, unfortunately, but it isn’t the most challenging read either. My contribution ‘Ffasiwn Steddfod’ is fairly lighthearted and full of humour.

Thank you so much for everyone who has generously bought a copy and a big Llongyfarchiadau if you managed to read, understand and hopefully enjoy my little effort. I greatly appreciate your support. :heart:

7 Likes

Just got on Amazon US.