New online Welsh book group

Diolch yn fawr iawn!

Diolch Catrin a Neil! Beth addi WSP?

Welsh Speaking Practice on Slack.

If youā€™re not already a member, hereā€™s how you get involved with Slack -

to join the Welsh Practice Group on Slack, just send an email to admin@saysomethingin.com with subject ā€œWSPā€ and youā€™ll get an e-mail with an invitation and instructions.

4 Likes

Hello!

This is a reminder that the first Hangout for our book club will take place on 24 February. We will talk about Sgwp! by Lois Arnold.

A number of people have asked for a later start time, so I would like to propose that we go for 8pm rather 7pm. I hope that is OK for as many of you as possible!

I look forward to seeing you on the Hangout.

All the best

Neil

1 Like

Hi everyone

Just a quick reminder that the book group has its first meeting tonight at 8pm. I will circulate a link shortly beforehand, both on WSP and here.

I look forward to seeing you!

Pob hwyl

Neil

1 Like

Shwmae pawb, here is the link for the Hangout at 8pm. I look forward to seeing you!
https://hangouts.google.com/call/vHMv9ox537A5vPAx0p-qAEEI

Thank you to those of you who joined the book group hangout this evening, and sorry to those who could not join. I will post details about the next one as soon as I am able to and look forward to seeing you there in about 6-8 weeksā€™ time!

Pob hwyl

Neil

2 Likes

Diolch am trefnuā€™r cyfarfod, Neil. Rwydd hywl.

Thanks for organising the hangout, Neil. It was fun. I just ordered Gwers Mewn Cariad. Should reach me by mid-March at the latest.

I got my copy online from siop cwlwm @lornarhodes - swift and reasonable :slight_smile: Might be worth checking them out for another book?

1 Like

Hi everyone, how is Monday 13 April at 8pm for the next hangout (with @beca-brown)?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s good for me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Itā€™s in the diary and the book is on order so hopefully Iā€™ll manage to join the group next time. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Sorry but my ā€œSgwpā€ book took a while to reach Italy. I ordered it on February the 13th and it arrived yesterday! :roll_eyes: Maybe next time!

1 Like

Mae Gwers Mewn Cariad gyda fi! :sunglasses::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Gisella!

Iā€™m still quite interested to discuss (i.e. have a second bite at discussing) Sgŵp - maybe a little touch of ā€œcompare & contrast with Becaā€™s Gwers Mewn Cariadā€, with the benefit of having done some ymarfer-siarad or ymarfer-sgwennu using the sort of words & phrases that @nia.llywelyn kindly looked out for us & posted on WSPā€¦

Also looking at other Lois Arnold books & popular learnersā€™ authorsā€¦

Doing each book in Clwb Darllen as a discrete entity will allow us to give maximum access to newcomers but (somehow as an add-on, occasionally) a healthy habit of hearing of each othersā€™ delights & struggles with their own sequence of reading adventures, does appeal to meā€¦

1 Like

To celebrate book day if anybodyā€™s interested. 10am, 6/6 course support on Slack

3 Likes

Hi Lorna!

actually I havenā€™t even started reading them! :grin:
But I have both Sgŵp and Gwers Mewn Cariad. So as soon as Iā€™m ready Iā€™ll let you know and Iā€™ll be glad to discuss them with you. :slight_smile:
p.s. Iā€™m afraid I wonā€™t start them very soon because Iā€™m a bit too busy now but I will, I will!

1 Like

Hi Folks, is there a book group for Intermediate / advanced learners?

1 Like

Hi Cris, that is precisely who this group is aimed at. You are very welcome to join us!

1 Like