New Year's Resolution - Aged Dragon's Quest!

Maen nhw’n dweud “Cachau bant” :wink:

(apologies pawb!!)

Reasearch allowed me to translate what I would never dream of saying to you in any language!

1 Like

Wel,2.20 yn gorffen, with multitudinous errors, you will be glad to hear @aran! I have a few problems-

1. i have real problems pronouncing sothach llwyr and tend to dd some ths
  2. I have real problems remembering some short phrases
  3. I naturally use arian for money. Is f’arian OK for my money de and gog?
1 Like

Yes…:slight_smile:

Problems are good. They’re a sign that you’re learning, rather than just confirming what you already knew.

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, I felt exactly the same when I came across that phrase the first time.

In the following challenge as well. I thought I’d never be able to say that one.

A few days later, things started to fall into place and I now find it quite a bit easier to say than at first.

So your tongue may un-twist itself eventually as well after you’ve heard it several times, and repeated it as best you could each time!

3 Likes

@aran I tend to auto say ‘na’ for that and ‘hon’ for this, yna - there and yma - here. Are those OK .
I may have asked before, but my sieve like memory strikes again!

1 Like

Yup, those’ll all be understood fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mae ddrwg gen I , yn fuan - soon. I know - cyn bo hir is that south! Is it slangy or OK?

2 Likes

If it helps cyn bo hir is in my book!

Not south, not slangy, perfectly okay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I imagine it’s a bit like the difference between “soon” and “before long” :slight_smile:

(i.e. not very much, if any)

2 Likes

2.21 was much nicer than 2.20 . I suspect because a lot covered things I happened to remember from times past! Of course this means what I say isn’t exactly what you and Catrin say, but given that it means the same, I guess that’s OK! I,can’t really claim much credit for the Improvement and my tongue got in a terrible tangle towards the end! 2.22 nesa!

3 Likes

Is this a plot? A cunning plan? Nice Challenge - 21, 19, 17 - nasty one - 22, 20, 18… :sob:
Wel, @aran, dw I wedi gorffen hi, after a fashion! 2.23 nesa. By the above rule it should be a nice comfy cwtch of an experience! Here’s hoping!

1 Like

Well, if you can’t claim credit, who can? Stop putting yourself down, you are working hard and doing great! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh dear. Mind gone totally blank. Fedra I ddim cofio unrhywbeth! Beth rwan? Dw’i 'n meddwl - ymlacio a thrio yfory!

Y cynllun gorau!

Half way through 2.23 not too bad, but now too tired. Do the rest yfory. At this rate it will take me twice as long as predicted!

Rubbish!

We’ll see, @Pete2
Finished 2.23. Not bad in parts but lots of gaps and some things like the days and ar hyn o bryd that I already knew.
See if I can get some of 2.24 done heno
Question, @aran re vocabulary, I have never done the vocabulary that came with the original lessons. When I have eventually crept my way through L3, would it be a good idea to listen to that?
ps are there supposed to be little messages on the last two challenges, like all the others? There was none on .24 so I looked at .25 and none there either! Beth am L3?

1 Like

By the time you’ve got to the end of L3, I wouldn’t think you’d be missing much from those vocab sets - but if you feel like checking, it’ll do no harm…:slight_smile:

Little messages - we’re currently finding it tricky to figure out where and when they’re showing, so they’re kind of on hold for the time being - but we’ll resurrect them properly at some stage… :slight_smile:

1 Like