Newydd yn dod

I suspect you may mean me!! But @aran did it for me, because he is really, really kind and took pity on this aged crone!!! I will look out for @seren and know it is you!!!

It was someone else:) When I came to the forum (in August), you were @henddraig already:)

I changed name before you came, but I’ve written that @aran did it for me. I don’t actually remember who else would then be. However I believe it’s not too imporatnt who that was it’s the main thing you change your name if you have a wish to.

Apparently all of what we (used to) call “angels” - ie moderators - as well as admins can change people’s screen names. But we would want to coordinate such a change with the person so they didn’t get lost!

I believe this is OK. I can visualize her wish in my head … :slight_smile: She would be so happy! But, yah, @stella you maybe should send PM ((if you want of course) … can it be to yuo @sionned?

1 Like

Can do, although I always think it’s warmer if people use their real names on the forum… let me know… :sunny:

2 Likes

Oh please, change it if that’s not too much trouble - it’s a very beautiful name:)

1 Like

Surely SSIRussian will be for learning Russian from English, wont it?

Not really. I believe that it will soon be available via the medium of English or Welsh, though the first version of the course will be Russian-English.

Surely Russian-English would be SSIAнглийский?

Sorry? I meant Russian via the medium of English. Maybe I didn’t express myself clearly.

That is what I meant by “Russian from English”. Sorry, I didn’t express myself clearly :smiley:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr, Aran! :sunny:

1 Like

Croeso mawr, Seren! Hope you don’t mind me carrying on calling you Stella…:wink:

Not at all, especially since it’s the same name:)

1 Like

I know why you were so eager to be @seren and it is a lovely name, but it is ironic that Ruth Jones, a Welsh actress, writer and possibly producer or director…multi-talented, anyway, has chosen to name her latest lead-character Stella Morris!!
‘Stella’ on Sky1 is a situation comedy featuring every cliche about the valleys you can think of and a few more besides! It’s up to about the fifth series.
My point is that, actually, Stella is quite an acceptable Welsh name, given that it is from Greek or Latin (I forget which)!!! :sunny:

That is Latin. 9bach have a song on their album Tincian entitled Asteri Mou - Greek for My Star

1 Like

Is it pronounced with a “ll”? Welsh ll? Or just a normal double “l”?

Sky TV is not given to Welsh spelling. If it had been on S4C, I suppose they would have had to spell it “Stela”, but names are usually spelled as given by Mam and Dad, so a kid may have to explain their name.
Here in Scotland is a very common name “Catriona”. For ages I did not reallise that all the people I heard called “Catrina” have that name, The ‘o’ is not sounded!

For ages I did not reallise that all the people I heard called “Catrina” have that name, The ‘o’ is not sounded!

Wwwww… I didn’t realise that! I’ve learned something new today … thanks!

1 Like